Chapter 40

Monday, December 24, 2018

7:08 AM

Nia was up early setting up for the Christmas party. She told her Mom that she didn't want her Dad at her party which her Mom did understand. 

She was putting on some regular clothes because Stasey was coming over to do her hair. She just wanted a slick ponytail. She put on shorts and a hoodie. Just as she was sliding on her socks the doorbell rang. She went downstairs and opened the door, a brown skinned middle aged woman stood before her.

 She went downstairs and opened the door, a brown skinned middle aged woman stood before her

"Nia?". Stasey questioned with a smile.

"Yes, this me. Hi, how is your stay in Cali so far?". Nia pulled Stasey into a hug.

"It is so beautiful here. I'm actually thinking about moving here". Stasey replied walking further into the house.

"You definitely should. But, can I get chu anything before we start?". Nia questioned.

"A water is fine". Stasey replied as she began setting up.

Nia went into the kitchen and grabbed water out of the refrigerator. 

She went back into the living room and Stasey was all set up.

"Here you go". Nia handed her the water.

Nia turned on Netflix and picked a movie as Stasey started her hair.

*

8:24 AM

Stasey finally finished Nia's hair and Nia loved it. 

Nia handed her the money and helped her pack up.

"Thank you so much for flying here so close to Christmas you probably have family you want to spend time with". Nia thanked her.

"Actually it's just been just me for some time". Stasey replied, a haunted look coming over her.

"Is everything ok?". Nia questioned.

"Yeah. I just get really jacked up around this time of year". Stasey sighed.

"Well, why don't you come to my Christmas party tonight. My Mom and some of her friends will be there and it'll give you a chance to make some friends here in case you do decide to move". Nia persuaded her.

"Hm, I don't wanna impose on you and your family". Stasey was contemplating coming.

"It's not a problem it's just my Mom and some of her friends and some of my friends". Nia was really hoping she was going to come.

"Ok, I'll come. What time is it gonna be at?". Stasey agreed.

"Yaaas. It's at eight and you don't have to bring anything". Nia cheered.

"Ok see you tonight". Stasey stood.

She went out the front door and Alex was content that she had gotten Stasey to come.