Chapter 49

Sunday, March 24, 2019
3:45 AM

Everybody was asleep as Nia drove. She was getting tired but she knew at 4 she would switch with Shaun.

"Whew chile". Nia yawned.

She drove a couple more miles and then pulled over.

"Shaun! Get cho ass up and get up here!". Nia yelled causing everybody to jerk awake.

Shaun and Anaya went to the front of the car.

"You ain't even have to yell at me like that tho". Shaun chuckled.

"I'm sorry I'm sleepy". Nia smiled.

Her and Roscoe went to the back of the truck. Roscoe laid down and Nia laid on top of him. She closed her eyes immediately went to sleep.

*
7:32AM

Nia woke up to the sun in her eyes.

She looked up and Roscoe was awake.

"Why you didn't wake me up so I could get off of you?". Nia questioned.

"Cause you was just looking so peaceful. I posted you on Snap by the way". He smirked.

Nia sat up and looked around the car.

Anaya was driving and Shaun was in the front seat sleeping.

Jameer and Boston were still sleep too.

Nia looked at the time and it was 7:34.

She texted her Mom letting her know she was ok. Her Mom immediately replied with a red heart.

"We need to stop somewhere so we can brush our teeth and maybe shower". Nia suggested.

"Uhm where we at Naya?". Roscoe questioned.

"We in Arizona bout to be in New Mexico". Anaya answered.

"If we get off on the next exit, there's a pilot gas station a few blocks up and we can shower and brush our teeth there". Nia looked on her Google Maps.

"Ok. Get the two love birds up". Anaya motioned toward Jameer and Boston.

Anaya woke up Shaun and Nia woke up Jameer and Boston.

They arrived at the pilot gas station which was pretty much empty except for a few trucks.

"Nia where the hell you got us at?". Anaya questioned.

"Don't worry bout it. They got showers, toilets, and all that shit here. Let's go in and get all that hygiene shit done". Nia spoke.

Everybody got out thankful for the room to stretch their legs.

"It's colder than a mufucka out here? What's the temp?". Shaun questioned.

"Thirty degrees". Jameer answered shivering.

They all got back in the car.

Nia walked in and the clerk turned to her.

"Welcome to A&R pilot gas station. How can I help you out today?". The clerk smiled cheerfully.

"Uhm-I was looking for your bathroom?". Nia smiled back.

"Our bathrooms do come with showers so you will have to pay a fee to use them. The fee is five dollars per person and there are three bathrooms". The clerk informed Nia.

Nia handed her $30.

"Thank you. Here are the keys and we hope you've enjoyed the service at A&R pilot gas station". The clerk beamed cheerfully.