Chapter 47

Friday, February 15, 2019
7:02 AM

Nia was sitting on her bed doing her hair. She was so glad it was Friday. Today after school Nia, Roscoe, Jameer, and Boston were going on a double date. Nia was too excited.

She got dressed and called Roscoe.

"Hey bae". She smiled.

"Wassup". He yawned.

"Nothing. I'm just now getting out the door. But don't forget we going to dinner with Boston and Jameer tonight". Nia reminded him.

"I got chu babe. I promise I ain't gon forget. But send me a picture of what chu got on cause I would hate to have to fight a high school nigga". Roscoe chuckled.

"Boy bye you ain't gonna fight nobody. You betta than that". Nia complimented.

She drove to school with Roscoe on speaker.

"Nah I'm saying tho. Some of these niggas don't care if you got a boyfriend. I used to be one of em. But chu all I need right now". He said making her blush.

"Boy stop. But I just got to school I'mma text you when I get to class". Nia got her purse and got out the car.

"Alright. See you later babe". Roscoe said.

Nia hung up and went to find her friends.

*
"Hey hoe". Nia had found Anaya first.

"Wassup? I heard you and Jameer going on a lil date or whatever". Anaya put her hand on her hip.

"Yes". Nia was confused as to why Anaya was commenting.

"Well I'm coming and I'm bringing my new boo so be warned". Anaya flipped her hair and started walking toward the cafeteria.

"Girl who? And it bet not be nobody old enough to drink and more". Nia warned.

"Girl no. He not that old. He only two years older than us". Anaya rolled her eyes.

Nia sighed in relief. She refused to go through that shit again.

They got in the cafeteria and Jameer, Boston, and Kyle were sitting at the table.

Kyle had a black eye and his lip was swollen.

"What the fuck happened to you?". Anaya questioned.

"Me and Gotti got into it". He answered bluntly.

The table returned to silence.

"Uhm-Nia do y'all know where y'all wanna go on the date?". Jameer averted the attention to something else.

"No. But I heard it's a new restaurant open on the boardwalk so we can go if y'all down". Nia suggested.

"Bet but let's go early before it gets packed cause I ain't tryna wait all night". Jameer agreed.

Nia texted Roscoe and told him the plans for tonight.

"I cannot wait". Anaya squealed.

The bell rang and everybody dispersed to go to class. 

"Alright Imma see y'all later, we gon head out at five". Jameer spoke.

"Bet". Nia and Anaya said in unison as they walked to class.

*

4:00 PM

Nia was now at home getting ready for the triple date. She was already dressed and needed to do her hair and makeup.