Chapter 34

Monday, December 16, 2018

12:00 PM

Lunch was underway and everybody was at the table getting along.

"Y'all going to the Winterfest dance?." Anaya asked.

"I wasn't going but if y'all wanna go then I'll go". Nia replied.

"Bet so show of hands who wanna go". Anaya looked around the table.

The girls raised their hands and the guys except for Gotti and Kyle kept their hands down.

"So it's settled we're going". Anaya smirked triumphantly.

"Don't nobody wanna go to that". Boston groaned.

"We're going". Jameer gave him a look.

"Well I ain't gotta go cause me and Nia ain't a couple right nah". Trey smiled.

"Nah nigga you going fuck you thought this was". Nia pointed at him.

"Aha that's why yo ass gotta go to the Winterfest dance". Boston smirked.

"Well nigga you still going so it's even". Trey remarked.

"I need to go dress shopping. Ain't Winterfest next week?". Nia questioned.

"Yeah its the last night before winter break". Jameer answered.

"Ok, so we can just go Friday cause the last week is next week". Anaya planned.

"And y'all coming so y'all can get whatever y'all gon wear". Nia looked at both Boston and Trey.

"Man I was gon come in a-

"If you say a white t-shirt and jeans I'll stab you". Nia held up her fork to Trey.

"Ok then, shit". Trey backed down.

The bell rang and lunch was over.

"Meet us at the mall later today so we can get whatever we wearing today. Because next week everybody and they damn Momma gon be in the mall tryna get whatever they can find". Nia planned.

"But do we really have to go today like I was gon go home and binge watch Big Mouth". Trey groaned.

"Yes we going today, season two been out for too long for yo ass to have not watched it so you going today. Period point blank no pad no tampon, none of that". Nia spat.

"Ok damn". Trey scratched the back of his neck going to class.

"Nia you is too aggressive". Gotti chuckled.

"Nah, I just know what I want. And right now I want him to go shopping so we can get our look down for Winterfest. Ain't no way in hell I'mma be looking cute and my other half looks busted". Nia defended herself.

"True true. I'm glad all me and Kyle gotta do is find the same suit in both our sizes". Gotti chuckled.

"There is no way we going to Winterfest in matching suits". Kyle chimed in.

"Ugh, see you later Nia". Gotti and Kyle walked off arguing about what they would wear to Winterfest.

Nia went in class and waited for the end of the day to come.

*

3:04 PM

Nia was so excited to get this dress and everything that would make her Winterfest look poppin. She went to Trey's last period and he came out talking to some girl.

"Hey". Nia smiled.

"I'll talk to you later Jazmine". Trey walked off putting his arm around Nia.

"Who was yo lil friend?". Nia asked.

"Chill out. She just help me out when I skip Bio". Trey answered.

"I am not worried bout her, I already got cho ass hooked, and if I suspect otherwise you already know how I am". Nia mushed the side of his head.

"Ok". Trey smirked.

They met everybody else in the parking lot.

"OK, the boys will ride in Boston car and the girls ride in Jameer car". Anaya spoke.

Everybody dispersed and got into their designated vehicles.

They pulled out to the mall and arrived twenty minutes later.

"Yo lemme tell y'all bout Nia, she seen me and ole girl Jazmine walking out Bio and she gon talk about who yo lil friend. She was getting mad jealous bro". Trey smirked.

"Or maybe she speculated that that was somebody that you could possibly be talking to on the low while you trying to win her back and she's trying to see how you movin in order to guard her heart. But that's just a theory". Kyle shrugged.

"Period". Nia came up behind Trey making him jump.

"See I love gay Kyle cause he see what us females see". Jameer hugged Kyle.

"I try I try". Kyle chuckled.

Everybody went into the mall.

"Ok, we going to this lil boutique that sell ball gowns and what not. Y'all need to go find somewhere that sell whatever it is that y'all think y'all wearing to this Winterfest. And do not buy any item of clothing until we give you the final ok". Nia spoke to both Trey and Boston.

"Ok damn". They said in unison.

They all split ways. Kyle and Gotti were going to Men's Wearhouse, Boston and Trey didn't even know where they were going, they just knew they didn't want to bump into the girls, and the girls went toward the boutique.

*

4:00 PM

The girls had found their dresses and were gonna meet the boys in the food court.

"I cannot believe that I got this dress for only one fifty. I seen it on Instagram for six hundred dollars". Nia admired her dress, then zipped it back in the dress bag.

"I see y'all found y'all dresses". Boston commented.

"Yep. And y'all need to come on so we can find something presentable for y'all to wear". Jameer stood up.

The boys unwillingly followed the girls into the Men's Warehouse as Kyle and Gotti laughed at them.