Chapter 48

Saturday, March 23, 2019

8:42 AM

This weekend was the weekend before Spring Break. Nia was so excited. Her Mom agreed to let her go to Florida with Roscoe, so long as Jameer and Anaya went with her. Once Boston, Kyle, and Shaun heard that Roscoe was headlining for  Stancey Gould party, they were immediately in.

Stancey Gould paid for the entire trip. The group just needed to get to California.

"I ain't gon lie, it was real nice of him to pay for our trip tho". Anaya spoke as she packed up her clothes.

"Gcode". Jameer commented.

Nia plopped down on her suitcase and zipped it closed.

"Y'all hurry up. The boys said they was on they way from Boston house". Nia sighed looking at the clothes thrown around her room.

"Girl calm down. We almost  done". Anaya rolled her eyes.

They all rolled their suitcases downstairs as soon as the boys showed up.

"They here. I'mma tell them to come get our bags".  Nia walked outside.

"Hey beautiful". Roscoe kissed the side of Nia's head.

Nia blushed handing him her suitcase.

"Wassup Nia". Shaun put his arm around Nia's neck.

"Ay man, hands off my girl. I would hate to have whoop some ass before this trip". Roscoe pointed at Shaun.

Shaun gave Nia a quick hug and let her go.

Anaya came out and Shaun scooped her up and spent her around.

"Boy stop". Anaya blushed.

Jameer came out handing her suitcase to Boston.

He lightly kissed her cheek.

"Y'all ready?". Roscoe questioned.

"Yeah let me just say bye to my Mom". Nia turned back and went in the house.

"Ma! I'm leaving". Nia called.

"Ok. Call me or text me at least twice everyday so I know your ok. And if you and that boy gonna be shacking up use protection. I ain't taking care of no mo babies. And if I don't answer when you call leave a message. Got it?". Her Mom laid out everything sternly.

"Got it. I love you Momma". Nia pulled her Mom into a hug.

"I love you too. Have fun". Her Mom kissed her cheek.

She followed Nia outside and stood at the door.

"Roscoe I expect you to take care of her". Nia's Mom cast a stern eye from the door to Roscoe.

"Always". Roscoe smiled before getting into the truck.

They pulled out of the driveway and got on the road.

"So how we getting to Florida? Cause ain't nobody hand me a plane ticket". Anaya questioned.

"Driving". Nia answered.

"Bitch that's way too much driving for me". Anaya whined.

"Well we can drop yo ass off real quick before we go. Shit, my ass will drive any amount of time to see Stancey Gould". Jameer rolled her eyes.

Anaya flipped the bird at Jameer.

The car filled with the sound of Act Up by City Girls playing.

"REAL ASS BITCH GIVE A FUCK BOUT A NIGGA! BIG BIRKIN BAG HOE FIVE SIX FIGURES! STRIPES ON MY ASS SO HE CALL THIS PUSSY TIGER! FUCKIN ON A SCAMMIN ASS RICH ASS NIGGA-". The girls sang at the top of their lungs before Roscoe cut the radio to a different song.

"Hell nah! Erbody in this car taken so I'on know why y'all ass think it's ok to sing along to that shit. Don't get laid out". Shaun spoke.

The girls busted out laughing.

They stopped at a gas station which had a McDonalds inside.

They got out and went into the McDonalds.

Nia got a McGriddle with two hash browns. Roscoe got the same thing.

They got hella snacks and decided they would split the costs for snacks.

"Your total is 60.27". The clerk smiled up at Roscoe.

Nia, being the petty one she is, she slid up next to Roscoe and interlaced their fingers.

Everybody passed $10 forward and Roscoe paid the change.

"Have a great day". The clerk sighed.

The crew went back to the car and settled in with their snacks as Roscoe pumped the gas.

"Nia you petty petty". Shaun chuckled.

"Nah I just know if that hoe would've stared any harder her eyes would've fell out her head". Nia scoffed.

The whole car was cracking up.

"Bitch you know you was jealous". Anaya mocked.

"I may be jealous but my nigga is my nigga. Period". Nia shot back.

"Ok then bitch. Go head wit cho possessive ass". Jameer gave Nia a stank face.

Roscoe got back in the car and drove off.

"What we talking bout?". Roscoe asked.

"Nothing". Nia said all to quickly.

"Mhm. I know my baby jealous it's ok. I'll go sicko mode bout mine". Roscoe smirked making Nia and the rest of the car laugh.

"Bro y'all put on a movie or some". Shaun whined from the back seat.

"Which one?". Nia pulled out the bag of DVD's she brought.

"Put on a Madea play". Jameer squealed.

Nia put on Madea Goes To Jail the play.

"Yaaas this my favorite one". Jameer cheered.

A silence fell over the backseats as the movie played.

"I got a surprise for you when we get there shawty. You did so much fa me over the past few months and you just showed me how loyal and caring you is. I admire you for dat". Roscoe spoke placing his hand on Nia's thigh.

Nia was blushing so hard all she could do was smile.

"Aww y'all so cute. It makes me sick". Anaya cooed.

"Girl bye this gon be you and Shaun after a while". Nia chuckled.

"Mhm". Anaya rolled her eyes.

A comfortable silence fell over the car.