Chapter 21

Monday December 3, 2018
8:30am

Detective Hull was now irritated with the fact that Anaya and Nia had talked to Derrick.

"What did he say?!". Detective Hull asked.

"Nothing". Anaya lied.

"He said that y'all better find him before he finds her". Nia blurted.

"Nia!". Anaya hissed.

"I'm sorry but if something happens to you because of him, I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life blaming myself". Nia defended.

Before they could finish Jameer burst through the doors.

"Oh God your ok!". She rushed over to Anaya pulling her into a hug.

She let go and sat next to Nia across from Anaya.

"What's happening?". Jameer questioned.

"Nia just snitched me and Derrick out". Anaya spat.

"After he threatened her". Nia rolled her eyes.

"He threatened you and you don't think this is something the cops should know?". Jameer frowned.

"He not serious. He probably just tryna scare me". Anaya brushed it off.

"Anaya, your safety and your friends' safety is not something you take lightly. When someone like Derrick threatens you, you need to take that seriously. He is a man that used his money and power to manipulate you into thinking that it was ok to run off with him. And if you can't see that, I don't know what else it's gonna take". Detective Hull spoke.

Anaya let out a huff.

"I'm not giving him up". Anaya shook her head.

"Then we have no choice but to hold you three here until we find". Detective Hull folded her arms.

"Oh my God Anaya just tell her what the hell she wants to know. I don't want to be stuck here all damn day". Jameer exclaimed.

"I'm sorry but I'm not giving him up just because y'all think he wants to hurt me. He plays like that! But y'all don't know that because y'all think he's some type of monster". Anaya spat.

"Honestly, this the shit I be talking about Anaya. You always get into some bullshit and then we get trapped and I'm fucking sick of it. Like all you have to do is give her his last damn name. It's not like he gonna know you gave it to him". Jameer yelled.

"Don't fucking talk to me like you stupid bitch! I'll hop cross this table". Anaya stood up.

"Getting to hopping then you dumb bunny bitch!". Jameer stood abruptly causing her chair to fall on the floor.

"Yo! Both of y'all sit the fuck down and chill out. We supposed to be best friends and y'all acting like two dumb broads from the streets". Nia stood up.

Both Jameer and Anaya took a seat.

"Anaya don't chu fucking see this man is using fear to keep you quiet. He don't love you. He is a grown ass man, he could have any bitch in the world and what make you think he gon commit to you Naya. He ain't gotta do shit but move on to the next bitch when it's convenient for him". Nia tried talking some sense into Anaya.

Anaya was silent.

"I'm not telling you dis cause I want chu to give up dat name. I'm telling you this because I know for a fact that Derrick ain't stopping his floatin and flodgin for you because he don't love you. If he did he wouldn't be threatening you like he did. And trust and believe, Derrick gon move on soon as you don't give it up". Nia continued.

Anaya sat there thinking about what Nia was saying.

"Charles. His last name is Charles". Anaya mumbled.

"Thank you Anaya. I know how hard this must have been for you". Detective Hull put her hand on Anaya's shoulder.

"Can we leave now?". Anaya asked.

"Yes". Anaya replied.

They stood up and walked out of the interrogation room.

They all walked out of the police station with Detective Hull following them.

"We will give you a call once we have Derrick in custody". Detective Hull spoke to Anaya.

Anaya nodded then turned to Jameer and Nia.

"Can we please go back to your house. I'on feel like being home right now". Anaya asked.

"Yeah of course". Nia nodded.

Without another word Anaya got in the car.

"I'm not coming". Jameer told Nia.

"Understandable". Nia nodded.

"Just tell her when she wants to talk I'm open to it". Jameer instructed Nia.

"Ok. Will do". Nia nodded.

Nia got in the car.

"I don't want Jameer no where near me yo. She can stay over there. This shit is over wit". Anaya spat.

"Naya she just want what's best for you and yo safety. I think it got escalated because of the way she went about talking to you". Nia explained.

"I don't care. Keep her from round me. She is not someone I want around me when I'm in this headspace". Anaya shook her head.

"Ok". Nia just nodded.

She really hoped this wasn't the end of Anaya and Jameer's friendship. It couldn't end like this.