Chapter 16

Thursday November 22, 2018
8:24am

Today was Thanksgiving. And Nia was really nervous. Trey would be coming over to meet her mom. Jameer and Anaya would come over later after they have dinner with their families.

The only thing about Thanksgiving that Nia hated was the fact that it was cold outside. Cali did have it's days where it was scorching but Nia wouldn't trade the hot for the cold any day.

"Ma you want me to help?". Nia asked.

"Yes! Wash the greens please". Her Mom asked.

Nia went to the sink and began washing the collard greens. She was so excited to eat.

*
Later, Nia's Mom had shooed her out the kitchen because she was being "overly helpful".

Boo💋❤️❤️

Nia💋: I'm bored😑

Boo💋❤️❤️: U want me to come now?

Nia didn't know how to feel right now. She knew she wanted to spend Thanksgiving with Trey but she also wasn't ready for him and her Mom to meet.

Nia💋: I'll come to u😘

Before Trey could protest Nia took her Mom's car keys.

"I'm going to go to Anaya's house. I'll be back for dinner". Nia yelled.

"Ok have fun!". Her Mom yelled back.

Nia drove to Trey's house hoping his Father wasn't there. She just thought it was too early to be meeting each other's families.

Minutes later she pulled into Trey's driveway, glad to see that his car was the only one there.

Nia rubbed her arms as the cool air breezed through her jacket.

She got to the front door and knocked.

"Hey shawty. I told you I would come to you". Trey pulled her into a hug.

He kissed her forehead.

"Yo Pops home?". Nia asked as they walked inside.

"Nah. He had to work". Trey shook his head.

"On Thanksgiving?". Nia frowned.

"I ain't ask no questions. If he say he gotta go then he gotta go". Trey shrugged.

"Awww my boo all alone on Thanksgiving". Nia chuckled.

"I ain't alone no more. And why you wearing this wit cho chest all out?". Trey untied Nia's shirt.

"Cause! I want too and stop!". Nia tied her shirt back.

"Yo Mom's cooking?". Trey asked.

"Yeah. I got sent out the kitchen cause I was helping way too much. But beware my cousins and Aunt is coming to dinner too". Nia warned Trey.

Nia had an Aunt who was 24 years old and had four kids. She was married too. But Nia hated her Uncle Dave.

He was a white guy whom made so many stereotypical comments. Nia couldn't understand why her Aunt married him. But they have some cute kids.

"What's wrong wit em?". Trey frowned.

"My Aunt Tiana has a husband who is a mess and four kids who are wild but cute as fuck". Nia explained in brief detail.

"Hm. Sounds like the G rated version of my family reunions". Trey chuckled.

Nia didn't know what to say.