Chapter 8

Monday November 5, 2018
6:52am

Nia was excited to go to school today and see Trey. She knew that she liked him, but she just didn't know if he felt the same.

She got dressed and paid extra attention to her face and hair.

She came downstairs and her parents were gone. Her Dad left his card so she could order an Uber. She put in the card information and ordered the Uber.

She went into the kitchen and grabbed a strawberry pop tart.

She heard the horn of her Uber and left.

"Good morning". She waved to her Uber driver.

"Morning". He replied.

They drove in silence.

He dropped her off to school and she thanked him.

"Yooo". Trey walked up to Nia.

"Wassup?". He asked putting his arm around her.

"Nothing. Wassup wit chu?". Nia asked looking toward him.

"I see yo parents aint drop you off". He smirked.

"I guess they slowly letting me have my freedom". She shrugged.

"I guess. You did the chem homework?". He asked.

"Here". She pulled it out of her bag.

"Thank you so much". He hugged her.

She giggled.

She walked to her locker and Anaya and Jameer were waiting.

"Hey bih! I see you looking all happy and shit". Jameer pulled Nia into a hug.

"I'm just glad that this shit is over". Nia sighed.

"Yaaas so you coming to lunch with us?". Anaya asked.

"Uhm-I'm broke". Nia showed them her empty wallet.

"I got chu". Trey said.

"Alright then big bank". Nia smiled.

*
12:26

They all went to Jameer's car.

"Ride wit me". Trey pulled Nia by her belt loop toward his car.

"Ok damn, chill fa you rip my pants". Nia got out of his grip.

He just chuckled to himself.

They got in his car and waited for Kyle and Boston.

"Nia? Since when you ride in Trey car?". Boston frowned, opening the passenger side door.

"Nigga get cho ass in the back". Trey spoke before Nia could say anything.

Boston got in the back.

"Damn, Trey don't won't nobody talking bout lil Nini". Boston smirked.

"Bruh chill". Trey sighed.

Kyle came and got in the back.

"Oh shit hey Nia! What chu doing here?". Kyle asked.

"Trey wanted to give her a ride". Boston smirked.

"Oh. Ohhhhhhh". Kyle realized what Boston was trying to say.

"Man y'all wilding". Trey rolled his eyes turning up the radio.

Topanga by Trippie Red filled the car.

"Don't talk to strangers. Since a youngin I been totin bangers. I might take yo lil ass to Topanga. I said stop lil bitch you in danger. Yeah you in danger. I might take yo lil ass to Topanga. Just don't move like no motherfuckin stranger. Know I tote bangers, boom boom boom boom. Stop you in danger". Nia sang along to the song.

"Oh sit Nia you know bout dis?". Trey asked.

"Uh- yeah. If you don't listen to Trippie Red, Lil Uzi, Lil Baby, Lil Pump, or Drake, then fuck is you listening too?". Nia smiled.

Trey just gave her this look.

"I'm spruuunnngggg! Now she got meeeeeee! Got me doing things I never do!". Boston and Kyle sang.

"Chiiiiilllll". Trey shook his head.

They pulled up to Wendy's and got out.

"I see you had fun in the car wit Trey and nem". Anaya moved her eyebrows up and down.

"Why everybody keep saying that. We just friends bruh". Nia rolled her eyes.

She and Trey went to the counter first and she recognized a face she hadn't seen in a long time.

"Oh my God! Is that Gotti?!". She asked looking at this boy behind the register.

"Nia? Is that chu?". He looked happy to see her.

"Yes! Gotti it's me!". Nia shrieked.

Gotti came from behind the counter and hugged her spinning around.

"Who dat?". Trey frowned looking to Anaya and Jameer.

"This is Gotti we were best friends all throughout highschool when his Dad got shipped to Seattle last year. Why you ain't tell me you was back?!". Nia punched his arm.

"Ow! I wanted to suprise you, I'on start school till tomorrow but ya know my Dad wanted me to find a job as soon as I got here so here I am". He explained.

"It is so good to see you Gotti. Here put your number in my phone". Nia handed him her phone.

"Bet". He handed her his phone and they both put their numbers in.

"It was so good seeing you Nia. But I gotta get back to work". He smiled walking away.

Nia turned to her friends and everybody was just staring at her.

"What?". She frowned.

"Girrlll he is foine. Like not fine but foine". Jameer peeked to the back to see more of Gotti.

"Y'all is too funny. Let's get this food before we be late to class". She walked toward the register.

"What chu want?". Trey asked, his mood seemed different.

"Uhm, just a chicken BLT four for four". Nia shrugged.

"Bet". He nodded.

Nia went towards Jameer and Anaya who had already gotten their food.

"Is it just me or does Trey seem off?". She asked them.

"Bitch you is the most oblivious bitch I've ever known. He acting like that cause he like you and Gotti is a threat to what he wants". Anaya rolled her eyes.

"What does he want". Nia frowned.

"You bitch!". Jameer and Anaya spat at the same time.

Nia looked to Trey who handed her her food and walked out the restaurant. Something was definitely wrong with him.