Chapter 20

Monday December 3rd, 2018
3:00am

BANG
BANG
BANG

Nia jumped up out of her sleep. She looked at the time and it was three in the morning. Who the hell could it be at this time.

She threw the covers off her body and went downstairs. Her Mom was already at the door.

"What's going on Ma?". Nia frowned.

""The police have found Anaya. She's alive. But she isn't talking to anyone. They want you and Jameer to come and talk to her to see if she'll open up to you". Her Mom explained.

Nia didn't even have to think twice.

"Ok. Just let me put on some shoes". Nia agreed.

She ran upstairs and put on some shoes and a hoodie.

She came back downstairs and hugged her Mom.

"I'll call you". Nia told her Mom.

Her Mom nodded.

Nia got in the back of the cop car and they drove toward the precinct.

*
Nia arrived to the police station and they led her to where Anaya was being held.

They opened the door and Nia ran in.

"Oh my God Nia!". Anaya pulled her into a hug.

"You crazy bitch I was worried sick bout cho ass". Nia cried.

Anaya went quiet.

"Where the hell have you been?". Nia questioned.

Anaya looked to Detective Hull who was standing against the wall.

"Can we have a minute please?". Nia asked.

"Fine". Detective Hull left the room.

"Spill". Nia turned to Anaya.

"Ok. So he took me on a date. And I said I had always wanted to go to France. And he was like "you wanna go now?". And I was like nah he playing so I said yeah. After dinner we ended up on his private jet bitch! This man really flew us out to Paris. And I wanted to call yall but my phone was fucking up while I was there. Talking bout I had to upgrade to the international plan. He wanted to pay for it but I was like nah because the payment could get traced back to him. So then we stayed in Paris for two days. Then on the third day he flew us to Dubai cause he had people there. I met his whole family bro. His Mom house the size of all our houses put together. Then his Mom was talking about marriage and that's when I got spooked cause I ain't ready for allat. So I told him I couldn't get married cause I was only seventeen and that he should wait till I'm eighteen. That's when his ass got hot. He was like oh if you love me you'll marry me now cause in Dubai you can marry somebody who at least fifteen blah blah blah yatta yatta yatta. And I ain't gon lie I was considering it but nah. So then I was like no just wait till I'm eighteen. So he flew us back last night and I came home and the cops was already at my house". Anaya recounted the entire week's events.

"Bro I need a fucking Tylenol". Nia held her head.

"Nah but buddy was in his feelings talking bout how I used him and that's why he need to stop fucking wit young girls and I'm like damn right! If you fuck wit a lil girl she gon play games like I did nigga. Everybody and they Momma know dat". Anaya rolled her eyes.

"Bitch you too wild. What happens now?". Nia asked.

"They want me to tell them everything so they can arrest him for kidnapping. Bitch he ain't kidnap I went willingly and I'll go again willingly if he want too". Anaya rolled her neck.

"I'm so done with chu. But ain't he done wit chu?". Nia frowned.

"Yeah but he did cashapp me five hundos before he started talking bout marriage and shit". Anaya stuck her tongue.

"I should really flip this damn table and beat cho ass. You had me thinking you was somewhere dead or in a ditch". Nia spat.

"Girl I'm sorry shoot. The next time I'll ask him if he got a friend". Anaya chuckled.

"You still not getting it. You can't continue this relationship wit him. He gonna want something in return for everything he doing for you. And I'm scared that if you ain't willing to pay he gon take what he thinks you owe him". Nia pleaded.

"Which is?". Anaya questioned.

"Sex bitch! He might want sex in return for all he did or will do for you. That's why you need to end it now before it goes any further". Nia exclaimed.

"But he's like a sugar daddy. Except he not old and he actually good looking". Anaya poked out her lip.

"Anaya you can't keep this up". Nia shook her head.

"Fine. I'mma call him". Anaya took her phone out.

She dialed a few numbers and the phone began to ring.

"What?". He answered.

"Watch yo tone. I called to tell you I want to see other people". Anaya blurted out right away.

"Excuse me?". He raised his voice.

"You heard me Derek". Anaya shook her head.

"Nah. It don't work like that. You don't get to be flied out to Dubai and Paris by me and just break shit off. I'm coming to see you". He spat.

"You can't. The police will find you". Anaya warned him.

"You better hope they find me before I find you". He threatened and then hung up.

Nia had her mouth wide open.

"He isn't serious is he?". Nia asked.

Before they could say anything Detective Hull walked in.

"You two need to come with me". She gave them a serious look.