Chapter 25

Wednesday December 5, 2018

12:00pm

It was lunch time and Nia's plan was now going in full effect. She needed to go to the library so that she could do some research on Trey and his kidnapping.

"Hey babe". Trey came up beside her kissing the side of her head.

"Hey. How was class?". She asked referring to his Trigonometry class which he skipped at least three times a week.

"It was boring as hell. But I did get my grade up to a D". He smiled knowing Nia would be proud.

"See I told you if you start going to class and applying yaself yo grade would get better". Nia grinned.

She knew to others a D doesn't look like much. But Trey was stubborn and when he didn't like a class he wouldn't go or at least try when he did.

"Where we going for lunch?". Trey asked.

"Actually I need to go to the library for a history research paper. But I'll meet chu in the cafeteria if I finish early". She told him.

"Alright, my lil scholar". Trey kissed Nia and walked toward the cafeteria.

Trey looked to the usual table and only Kyle, Devin, Anaya, and Jameer were sitting there.

"Wassup". Trey clapped up Kyle and Devin.

"Where Nia at?". Anaya questioned.

"At the library doing some research paper". Trey answered.

"You let shawty go to the library by haself?". Devin frowned with a smirk.

"Man what is you talm bout? Its only upstairs". Trey frowned.

"Nah I'm saying like all these niggas round here? And she fine, no offense to you or my lady, I'm just saying as fine as Jameer is I'on let 'er out my sight". Devin gossiped.

"I trust Nia. Niggas round here know that she mine and she know too. Just like I know I'm hers and bitches round here know that too". Trey was trying to dismiss Devin.

"Yeah but, its still bitches who would want chu even tho they know that chu wit Nia. Just like its niggas out here that still want Nia even tho they know you in the picture. All I'm saying is you should have eyes on yours at all times". Devin continued.

"Devin stop". Jameer spoke up.

Devin gave Jameer a threatening look and she immediately shrunk back in her seat.

"Devin that lil shit don't work on me. You know you dead ass wrong for starting shit between Trey and Nia". Anaya shook her head.

"How I started shit? All I said was you should keep eyes on yours so it won't be no further discrepancies between you and yo lady. That's all I'm saying". Devin defended.

"Not all niggas round here are as controlling as you, kay? Trey actually loves Nia as a human being which means he doesn't treat her like fucking property". Anaya was getting fed up with Devin and his bullshit.

"Yo watch yo tone how you speaking to me". Devin whipped out of his seat.

"Or what? You gon hit me? You gon have me killed. Then you'll really get locked up and Jameer can really be wit who she wanna be wit". Anaya spat.

"Who she talking bout Jameer?". Devin turned to Jameer.

Jameer was silent.

"Tell em Jameer. Tell em how you and Boston was in love and how you had to break up with Boston because of his bitch ass. Ole soft ass bitch. You only got fucking balls cause you in a gang. Fuck ass bitch". Anaya yelled.

"Yo come on". Trey pulled a cursing Anaya to the exit as Devin was mugging Jameer.

Meanwhile, Nia was typing quickly trying to find out more about Trey's Mom. She had found her name, Stasy Greenfield.

She knew that his Mom lived in Miami from her Facebook and she had even found out that she does hair. Nia wanted to DM her so bad, but she wanted to wait to see what Trey wanted to do now that he knew about his Mother.

The bell rang and Nia packed up her stuff. She logged off the computer and turned around bumping into Boston.

"Oh shit. My bad Nia". Boston helped her pick up her fallen papers.

"No problem. I thought you would be in the cafeteria". Nia walked next to him toward the exit.

"Nah, Jameer brought her new nigga over there and I ain't tryna be round allat. So I just come here now. But I'm shocked you here". He spoke.

"Yeah I had to do some research". Nia kept her response short and basic.

"But anyways, how have you been wit everything. I know we ain't have a chance to talk after that day at the lunch table". Nia really hoped that Boston was doing better.

"I'm just taking it one day at a time. That's all I really can do. But I am going on a date tonight". He smiled.

"Dammn Boston, I ain't know you pull hoes. What's her name?". Nia giggled making Boston laugh.

"You know the chick in our third period? Jayla?". He asked.

"Third row? Chocolate complexion? Black eyes?". Nia listed.

He nodded.

"Oh shit good job, you do know how to pick em". Nia playfully hit his arm.

"I know how to pick most of them". He corrected.

They made it to Nia's class and Boston stopped walking.

"Thanks for talking wit me and making sure I'm ok, Nia it really do mean a lot". Boston hugged her.

"No problem. And I'm here no matter ok? If you ever need anything or just a friend to talk to call me". Nia smiled.

"I'll keep that in mind". Boston nodded walking off in the other direction.

Nia turned facing a stone faced Trey.

"Wassup wit y'all all hugged up?". Trey questioned.

"Uhm-Boston is our friend, remember Boston your best friend?". Nia frowned at Trey's question.

"Whatever bruh". Trey walked off as the bell rang.