Kate's View Chapter 26. Night Terrors

I wake up with cold chills all over from a nightmare I wish that would just go the hell away "Fuck" I say under my breath I slightly move away from Daryl but I feel him grab my arm I look back and I see him looking at me with a concerned look on his face, he pulls me back to into a tight embrace as he slowly runs his fingertips up and down my arm we both feel the end of the bed move as we see Duke come towards us to lay right near me "Good boy" Daryl says in a low whisper all I can do is smile as we stay like this for a little while. Daryl doesn't say anything he just holds me close to him to comfort me from the nightmare I had.

"Angel tell me what your dream was about"Daryl says in a calm yet worried tone.

I sigh.
"If I tell you Daryl you have to promise  not to tell my dad what I'm about to you" I say in a serious tone as he just nods his head some.

"I promise Angel but you need to tell me this isn't the first time you had a nightmare you woke up from" Daryl says in a serious voice while rubbing my back slowly.

"I know..an I'm going tell you now" I say in a whisper.

"Well tell me Angel so I know and figure out how to help you" Daryl says as he kisses the top of my head.

I close my eyes.
"You know the Dragon tattoo you love to trace on my arm so much?" I say in a soft voice.

"Yeah what about it?" Daryl says in a confused tone.

"My ex cut my arm there I had to get stitches because of it and yes I did fight back because I punched him right in the face for it, after it was healed I had a scar on my arm so I went to a tattoo shop and I picked the Dragon and I told you what it meant what all my tattoos mean really, anyway I got it to cover up the scar if you over the wing on the Dragon some you can see a little bit of the scare but you can't see all of it, after that happened I made my mind up I was leaving him for good" I say a tears slowly run down my face as I look up and see Daryl's eyes turn darker with rage.

"Angel I will tell you this I promise no I swear your ex will never get near you again I know his in jail right now and honestly he's lucky he's in there right now because I would really hurt that son of a bitch for what he did to you, he had no damn right cut your arm but that is the past now I'm here with you but part of me wishes I was with you instend of your ex you was with.You are beautiful and amazing woman that should be treated like a queen an nothing else and that I plan to do that I promise you Angel because I love you you are my girl my other half" Daryl says as he whips the tears of my cheeks slowly.

The room goes quiet for some time only thing you can really hear is us breathing I can feel Daryl's body is tensed up like he's ready to smash something or should I say someone, I know I haven't told him everything but I'm starting to its not easy to tell someone you love that your were abused physically and emotionally. I look up at him as he looks down at me "Its okay Angel I'm right here" he says as he kisses my head softly I just nod my head before laying it back down on his chest Duke on the other hand moves closer to us as he starts to lick my hand,I rub his head softly as I hear Daryl laugh a little as we watchs me "Angel I swear your dog is like your child" he sarcastically says I slap him on his chest which causes him to laugh.I look at the time on my phone it's almost 3am in the morning "Daryl we should try to get back to sleep" I say as I kiss him softly on his lips as he lets out a groan, "Your right Angel let's get some more rest"he says as he yawns while pulling me and Duke closer towards him I just smile "Btw Dukes your child to then" I say before shutting my eyes before he could say anything about what I said.

*Kate's nightmare*

It's like I'm walking through a horror movie all over again chills run down my spin I look around trying to find some type of light to get out of this darkness that's when all the sudden I'm staying in the middle of one of my worst nightmare ever the day I broke up with my ex.I look on the ground crying "Please no stop this" I whisper to my self before looking up and see glass being shattered an things being thrown the glass doesn't hurt when I walk over and pick it up it just falls out my fingers like it was air I look at my hand there's no blood I didn't even leave a mark on me at all ,BOOM I look over an see the horror unfolding before my eyes I see two shadows I close my eyes trying not to watch it I lived it I don't wanna see it again but I open and I see my ex hitting my side and myself punching him in his face trying to move away from him. Tears run down my face I scream to the shadow to just move and run away before it worse but nothing comes out my mouth the words don't escape I watch myself fight my ex with everything I had back then I see blood coming from both my own and my ex's mouth"I should have been stronger not some weak little girl" I say to myself as I watch my ex slam the shadow version of me against the wall, I try to pull him off but my hands just go through him I can't change the past and that's what hurts me the most I start to clench my fist I nothing but anger and rage I want to save the shadow version of me I should have fought my hardest how I was assaulted and I came out of it with only bloody knuckles and bruised side but this this was a different I did everything I could have done to protect myself from him. I punch the shadow of him but nothing "DAMN IT ,I HATE YOU STAY OUT OF MY DREAMS" I yell as I watch them start to punch one another again as I hear them call one another all types of names between punchs and kicks then everything slows down "No" I whisper as I watch my ex lean over the shadow version of me I know what's coming I cover my ears I don't any to hear his threat again I can't.