Chapter 49 : Friend

ERICK'S POV

I lie awake at 2:30am, unable to get any sleep. Meeting Alexa made me feel so good, I didn't know I missed her SO MUCH until today.

I wish I was lying next to Alexa, right now, with my hands around her waist and hers in my hair. What would I not give for her to regain her memory? I'm thinking about the day before her birthday, our first kiss, the way she blushed when I told her what I felt for her, the Chewbacca incident, coming back home and carrying her to the guest room when she fell asleep in the living room, how she pulled me onto the bed and asked me to not go anywhere.

It genuinely hurts me, I should've waited there with her, spent more time. I'm regretting every moment that I didn't spend with her.

A loud scream erupts from Angela's window and I sit up straight, my heart hammering loudly. Her window is shut but I can still hear her loud scream.

I push my blanket off and literally fly down my staircase, brushing past mom who looks extremely worried. I grab my house keys and run to Angela's door. I find a spare key under her doormat and I open the door and run upstairs, to her room.

Angela is sitting up straight, on her bed and crying with her head in her hands. I run over to her and pull her into an embrace, "Shh, Angie, what happened?"

She doesn't stop crying but she hugs me back. I rub her back, "You're alright, shh, breathe."

"Make it stop-" She whimpers. "I can't take it-"

"Angela, you need to breathe, calm down, it's a panic attack."

"Erick, I'm so scared, stop the pain, please." She thrashes, her breathing becoming shallow.

"Angie, take a deep breath, hold it for a moment and let it go."

Tears stream down her face uncontrollably and she starts hyperventilating, "I can't breathe-"

"Yes, you can, Angela. Imagine it as you do it, picture your lungs inflating and deflating as you breathe."

"Erick-" she cries.

"Breathe in and breathe out." I calm her down.

We sit like this until she calms down, beads of perspiration covering my forehead because it is tougher to calm Angela down. Alexa has had terrible flashbacks in front of me but it wasn't so difficult to calm her down. I can tell that Angie has been through something very traumatic and it still hurts her.

I open Angie's cupboard because I remember her putting a bottle of pills inside. I find the bottle and bring out a pill and get a glass of water.

"I think you're supposed to take this."

"No, please, I don't want to take them." She sobs, she isn't hyperventilating anymore but her breathing is still shallow.

"Please, you need it."

"I need them, but I don't want them, just let me die."

"If you ever thought of me as a friend, take it."

"Don't do this, please."