“I believe you. I didn’t like him at first but that’s because I was feeling all territorial” she giggled. 

“And now?” Rachel asked. 

“Your right he is a really nice guy and I’m glad you have another friend” she said but it was the way that Quinn said friend that made Rachel realise that Quinn wasn’t as ok with it as she was pretending to be. 

They reached Rachel's office building then “Finn and I are close. I like him a lot” she told Quinn “and I need for you to be ok with that,” she added. 

“H-How close?” Quinn asked then her words faltering slightly as Rachel looked at her. 

“I…” Rachel started to explain but before she could get the words out her mobile started ringing. 

“Shit” she cursed as she fished it out of her purse. 

“I’m sorry” she apologized to Quinn as she answered it. 

After a few minutes of talking to her client who seemed to be in a panic about something she asked him to hold on a minute. 

“I need to take this. Can we talk later?” she asked. 

Quinn nodded and smiled and they hugged briefly before Rachel disappeared into her building. 

When Rachel got home that night she was surprised to find Blaine there “Hi” she smiled. 

“Hey hope you don’t mind but Isabel gave me a key and told me to come over whenever I wanted and since Quinn is at work I was kind of at a loose end” he explained. 

“Don’t be silly of course I don’t mind,” she told him kicking off her shoes before slumping into the comfortable lounge across from him. 

“Lunch was weird today wasn’t it?” she smiled. 

“Yeah what are the chances of us all going to the same place at the same time for lunch” he said. 

“I know,” she said. 

“Rachel” Blaine started cautiously “is there something going on with you and Finn?” he asked. 

Rachel tensed a little before she sighed letting it all drift away “Um yeah there is” she told him honestly. 

Blaine blew out a breath “um wow” he said. 

Rachel giggled, “I know its weird isn’t it,” she said. 

Rachel had never really dated before she had gotten involved with Quinn. “Um yeah but I guess I was going to find it weird no matter who it was. You were with Quinn for so long,” he told her. 

“I know. I tried to tell her this afternoon” she sighed “I don’t want to hurt her but I know the longer I don’t tell her the more hurt she’ll be” 

“Why do you think it will hurt her?” he asked. 

Rachel bit on her bottom lip “I don’t make a habit of lying and I wont start with you Blaine” she told him “I actually went out with Finn before I officially broke things off with Quinn ” she said. 

“Ahh” he said. 

“Part of the reason Quinn and I began fighting had a lot to do with the fact I wasn’t happy, I was restless so after I admitted to Isabel that I was curious about being with a male she set me up with Finn” 

“She set you up to use her brother?” Blaine laughed. “That’s priceless” 

Rachel smiled “yeah well Finn was a bit of play boy and since at first the date was about sex she thought he was ideal. No one ever expected that we would develop into something more” 

“He’s a playboy?” Blaine cried. 

“He was Blaine.” She pointed out “Finn had some issues with relationships which are part of why the two of us didn’t start anything until last weekend. He cares about me Blaine and I care about him, a lot,” she argued. 

“I can see that” he whispered, “You’re happier than I’ve ever seen you and I think Quinn sees it too” he told her. 

“I hope so. I don’t want to loose her Blaine but my relationship with Finn is important to me too” she told him honestly. 

“I think that all you can really do is be truthful with her Rachel. Quinn treasures your friendship too and it might take her a while to get used to it but she will” 

“She’ll be angry” Rachel said. 

“Maybe you can leave out the stuff about the sex,” he told her. 

“What happened to being truthful?” Rachel smirked. 

“I think it would hurt her unnecessarily,” he said. 

Rachel nodded she agreed with him completely. 

“What about you? I thought you would be happier considering the wonderful women you’ve met,” she said then pointedly. 

“I leave in two days Rachy,” he whispered “and I’m not ready to leave her,” he admitted. 

“Then don’t” Rachel shrugged like it was no big deal. 

“Well that’s great advice Rachel” he frowned. 

“No hear me out Blaine. So you have a job and an apartment waiting for you in Boston what else?” she asked. 

“Not much” he shrugged not getting her point. 

“While here in New York you have your two best friends and potentially the girl of your dreams” she said. 

Blaine looked at her and nodded “jobs and apartments will come and go” she shrugged. “No one knows that better than me,” she told him. 

Blaine looked at her confused but Rachel smiled “I handed my notice in this afternoon” 

“What! But you love your job” he said, “not to mention you get paid a lot of money” 

“I do. I love what I do and I do get paid to do it but there are places I could love doing my job more that will pay me more and appreciate me more” she told him. 

“Um ok well that’s great I guess” 

“You know Blaine you’ve been talking about your own business for as long as I can remember, what ever happened to that dream?” Rachel asked. 

“I don’t know I guess it got buried under all the university bills,” he whispered truthfully. 

“Well maybe its time to unbury it” she shrugged. 

“Maybe your right” he whispered “thanks Rachel ” 

Once Isabel came home that night Rachel disappeared upstairs to give them some time to talk and while she was lying on her own bed and thinking about Finn a thought popped into her head. 

Rushing in the bathroom she quickly showered and changed before grabbing her stuff and heading down the stairs. 

Blaine and Isabel were cuddling on the couch while watching the news “Guys I’m heading out so I’ll see you later” she said. 

“You here for tea?” Isabel asks. 

“No” she smiled “I’m going to have dinner with Finn” she informed them. 

“I thought he was working all night?” Isabel asked. 

“He is” Rachel grinned. 

Isabel hopped out of her seat and moved towards her bag then and produced a card for her. “Then you’re going to need this. It gives you complete access to the building.” 

“Thanks Iz” 

“Your welcome” she smiled in reply.