Beside him was Mauricio Laghari - arrogant, rude, shallow. He got it all. I couldn't hold back my scoff as he stopped by a window and checked himself out. If I had to choose one word to describe Mauricio, it would be narcissist.

Mauricio is a lover.

He loves himself more than anything in the world.

The Laghari own the majority of the oil industry, where they import oils across America. Not only that, they are the founder of the brand Laghari, one of the most expensive and exclusive car brands in the world. Even my family can't afford their cars.

To the right would be Vincent Acharya, ruling the pharmaceutical industry. Even though everyone dressed in the same clothes, Vincent stands out with his top-notch Italian shoes and customized ties that seem to change every day along with his wicked circular lenses.

Vincent and I have chemistry together.

Literally, we are lab partners, and without that, he probably doesn't know I exist. He only knows I exist because I'm the one who does all the lab experiment reports.

Vincent is the nicest guy in the group. However, there is one thing that he lacks. "I still can't believe Vincent is gay," Amoli mumbled, releasing an exaggerated sigh.

I look back up to see Vincent's boyfriend coming up to him. Colored blue hair was flickering across his deep emerald eyes with a smile that can be seen for miles. He had a guitar suitcase behind him, a silver earring twinkling in the sunlight, and a laugh that can win any hearts. I remember the first time I heard him play, and the word genius is an understatement. From an outsider point of view, they look like normal friends, but everyone knows - Vincent places his hand on Larry's ass - Larry belongs to him.

"Ohh... there's your future boo," Amoli teased me since she knows about my crush.

My eyes perk up, seeing none other - Liam Everhart.

The chicken nuggets crush in my arms as he walks closer and closer to me: Liam Everhart, my first and only love.

There are small things that throw you off when you first meet him, such as his English accent, which I find drool-worthy. Liam was raised in the United Kingdom until high school, and I had the privilege to meet him right when he moved to the states. Don't allow the last name to fool you, despite the last name Everhart - Liam is actually Asian, mostly Chinese-Korean. He may have a little English blood inside of him, which makes his small European structure sexier.

I still remember that day - with clean dark hair and a suit that's pressed to impress - Liam caught every girl's hearts, including mine.

When he walks towards my table, my brows furrow, and I start pinching myself, wondering if it's all a dream. If this is a dream, he would grab my wrist and dipped me down, crushing our lips together. I need to stop watching romantic comedies.

Amoli grabbed my arm and began vigorously tugging me. "He's coming! Your husband is coming! He's coming!" she squealed.

The crushed chicken nugget drops onto my lap. There is an erratic pace inside my chest as he walks closer and closer. He stops right in front of me with a crumpled piece of paper in his shaky palm. Liam tilted his head as if studying me with his delicious dark chocolate eyes.

For the last three years, I've been walking around the halls with my head held low, particularly after that incident. I was content with watching Liam at a distance similar to every other girl.

Of course, I imagine confessing to Liam repeatedly ever since the first year of high school, but I'm not stupid enough to do it.

Eyes widened, breaths ragged and harsh. My chicken nugget hands trembled on my lap. If I could, I would run, but my legs froze into place.