Chapter 61

Senior year rolled around and Aliyah and Steve were going strong. Everyone knew they were together and most of the boys didn't try to get with Aliyah anymore. Steve didn't get the same treatment thought. Girls were always around him especially when Aliyah wasn't around.

Aliyah walked into lunch room smiling wide and sitting down with her friends except for Delilah. They were used to her not being at school on a regular. They tried to ask her what the problem was but she would always shoot them down so they left her alone.

"Hey liyah" Tony said smiling and then glancing at Tonya

"Whatchu come over here for" Aliyah asked with a wide smile knowing who Tony was looking at.

"Damn why you so rude to me girl I was just tryna talk to you and your friends"

"Nigga stop lyin you came over here just to see Tonya but you ass is scared" Aliyah laughed

"Shut up big head" Tony smiled at her and walked up to Tonya.

Aliyah grabbed her book and started doodling clothes. She smiled and added color to the outlines. Steve walked up to her and kissed her cheek. Aliyah turned around and smiled.

"Whatchu doin" Steve asked sitting next to her

"Drawing clothes see ima have my own business and Ima be hot everyone gonna buy my clothes" Aliyah smiled imagining her future like it was right in front of her.
Steve knew she was going to do it too she had the drive.

"Get your money sis" Steve said laughing

"Don't ever say that again" Aliyah laughed with him

The end of the day rolled by and Steve walked out of school. He walked to the warehouse since Jamal was finally giving up his position as leader. Steve was nervous to become the new leader since he thought he still came off as shy. He finally got to the warehouse hearing music blasting making his body vibrate to the beat. Two half naked girls opened up the doors like they knew he was coming.

"Hey Steve" A tall Brownskin girl said she looked like a model

"Hi" He told her looking straight ahead and walking up to Jamal who was grinding on girls. He was confused why a party was being thrown.

"Wassup Steve how you and ya girl" Calvin asked

"We good"

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR IS HERE" Jamal yelled making the rest of the gang jump around and clap

A group of naked girls walked up to Steve looked at them and they started touching him. Steve backed up and looked at Calvin who was busy laughing. He frowned knowing if Aliyah was in the same position and he found out he would be pissed and Steve was already upset and feeling disrespected. Steve knew that Jamal had known he was in a relationship with Aliyah.

"Ayy get the fuck off of me" Steve said pushing them off

"Damn we was tryna give your ass a good time"

"Well Ion want a good time from y'all now back up" He told them and walked into the office getting on his phone

"What's your problem man" Jamal asked

"You knew I had a girl why you bring girls up here on me like that"

"Damn man let loose she ain't gotta know"

"I ain't tryna put myself in a situation where I could loose her cause I ain't tryna loose her again so Ima be at home" Steve told him

Jamal wasn't even mad he just smiled. He saw how Steve changed and stood up for himself. He was a shy little boy who couldn't walk straight into a boy who was ready to curse you out and back it up with his hands. Jamal was proud of what he has done with the boy and knew his "Business" was in good hands.

Steve walked out with Calvin who wanted to see Aliyah again. They walked over to her house and Steve knocked on the door. Aliyah opened up and smiled then kissed Steve and waved at Calvin. She decided to pretend that day didn't happen and let Calvin have a new slate. She let them in and they sat on the couch.

"Steve" The twins said walking up to him and hugging him

"Hey" he waved and smiled at them the twins waved at Calvin and

"Where's Jordan" Steve asked her while sitting in the chair.

"Here I am" he yelled running downstairs and jumping on Steve

"Hey little man" Steve smiled at Jordan.

Aliyah walked into the kitchen and got started on dinner. Steve stood up and walked into the kitchen. He smiled at her knowing he was about to be fed.

"Whatchu making beautiful" Steve asked holding Jordan

"Fried chicken" Aliyah told him with her hands in flour and the hot grease bubbling.

"Water water" Jordan bounced in Steve's arm

Aliyah smiled and put water on her hand and threw the water into the grease making the grease sizzle louder. Jordan smiled and clapped. Aliyah put the chicken into the grease and washed her hands. She looked through the cabinets to see if she had hot sauce to find out she had none.

"Oh shit watch the food for me Ima be back" Aliyah told Steve and kissing him then putting her shoes on

Aliyah walked to the store by the basketball court since they had the best hot sauce in town. Aliyah bumped into Robert while walking there. He smiled and hugged her.

"You get the job" she asked smiling

"Yeah a nigga making bank but Whatchu doin walking by yourself mama" Robert told her

"I needed hot sauce" Aliyah told him walking again

"Want me to walk you home" he asked hoping she would say yes

"Nah I'm good thanks though" Aliyah smiled walking into the store and buying the hot sauce.

She walked home and everyone was relaxing watching a movie. She flipped the chicken over and started making string beans and rice. After she finished she made a plate for everyone and the house was silent.

"Damn girl you can cook" Calvin said breaking the silence
"Thanks" Aliyah told him glancing at Steve who was eating like it was his last meal she chuckled and watched the movie.