Chapter 35

Steve sat on the porch watching the twins play he wondered if Aliyah would talk to him. He had been real petty and mean to her so he wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

"How come you don't come round here no more" John asked taking Steve out of thought.

"Cause me and your sister not good friends anymore" Steve responded

"Dats a lie she writes about you" Jackie said giggling with John.

"Y'all some bad kids but what she say" Steve asked wanting to know what Aliyah said about him.

"She says that she misses you and hates that you ignore her" Jackie said opening the door letting Steve come in and John. They sat on the floor watching cartoons together.

Mark and Robert were camping outside of Patricia's house waiting for her brother to come outside. They watched for a good ten minutes before Roberts patience started running low. He was huffing left and right which was getting on Marks nerves.

"If dis man don't come out Ima go in" Robert said.

"You wanna get arrested for breaking an entry" Mark asked.

"Ion care her brother assaulted my girl" Robert responded.

Mark looked at Robert and smiled then said "How much does dis girl like you"

"The bitch is crazy bout me cause I got that good shit" Robert smiled feeling like the man

"Aw'ight we runnin up in there" Mark responded

"Shit I'm down" Robert responded

They walked across the street and Robert knocked on the door. Patricia opened up with the widest smile looking at Robert then she saw Mark and smiled even harder. She opened her door wide enough for Robert to slip through. He pushed Patricia inside the house and pinned her to the wall. Mark followed behind her shutting and locking the door behind him.

"where the fuck your dumbass brother at" Robert yelled at her.

"Ion know" She smiled liking his aggressiveness.

"You got his number call the nigga" Robert told her knowing she had her phone in her back pocket. Patricia reached for her phone and called her brother.

"Ok he comin soon" Patricia told them with a smile.

"You better not be on some fake shit neither" Robert said keeping his eye on her.

Aliyah woke up and rubbed her eyes trying to get her vision to focus. Her vision focused and she looked around noticing Steve was here. Then she noticed that the broken glass was no longer there in the kitchen.

"Hi Steve" Aliyah said walking to the bathroom at a fairly slow pace

"Hey Aliyah" Steve said smiling Aliyah smiled keeping the same pace.

Aliyah took a shower to ease her aching muscles she got out once she started pruning. Aliyah got up and walked into her room. She locked her door and put lotion on her body then she put a red shirt on and some boy shorts. She unlocked the door and laid on her bed.

Steve came upstairs and walked into her room. He stood at the doorway and smiled before walking up to her. He sat on the end of the bed looking at her with a smile. Aliyah noticed and frowned at him.

"What Steve" Aliyah said looking at her phone

"Can you put your phone down and look at me" Steve asked her with a smile

She put her phone down and looked at him with narrow eyes.

"How you been" He asked looking at her

"Good" She responded

"How's summer going" Steve asked her Aliyah looked at him getting irritated.

"Ion know why you asking me those dumbass question since you been real petty and disrespectful to me lately. you only talking to me cause I got beat up and I'm fucking with a new nigga now. You would've walked right past me and pretended like Ion exist if I was still hooked on ya dumbass" Aliyah said looking at him then back at her phone.Steve knew that she was telling the truth because he would've ignored her if she wasn't scuffed up.

"Sorry" he mumbled

"You know what I really fucking love you and your dumbass" Aliyah told him looking him directly in the eyes Steve knew she was being serious.

"I love you too" Steve responded smiling at her.

Mark and Robert sat on the couch and her brother walked in. Robert jumped up ready to fight but Mark pulled him back and calmed him down. Mark looked the man up and down with a smile. He noticed that Patricia's brother had a busted lip and he smiled even harder knowing that Aliyah put up a fight.

"How ya lip get busted" Mark asked looking at him

"I got into a fight" The brother said getting scared no one ever ran into his house looking for him.

"You got a bracelet" Mark asked

"N-Nah ion got no bracelet" He lied

"Lie again" Mark said balling his fist up and looking the man in his eyes

The brother was getting scared he knew his sister wouldn't help if they jumped him.

"Aw'ight here" he said handing Mark the bracelet.

Mark snatched it and ran out the house with Robert. They didn't stop until they were out of sight. Mark and Robert stopped to go get some American food before making their way to Aliyah's house. The walked inside the house seeing the twins playing a game and Steve watching TV. Mark handed Robert the bracelet.

"Aliyah" Robert yelled

"What" She yelled back

"Come down here girl" Robert yelled

Aliyah walked downstairs and looked at him. Robert looked at her up and down while licking his lips. Steve noticed Roberts body language and frowned but then he remembered that her could have Aliyah anytime he wanted.

"What Robert" Aliyah said when she noticed he was taking too long to respond.

"Come here I got you something" He said looking at her Aliyah moved closer to him. Robert grabbed her and pulled her onto his lap. "I said come here girl" He told her laughing but Aliyah took a sharp breath.

"OWWW Robert" She whined hitting his arm

"Sorry baby but guess what" He said showing her the bracelet.

Aliyah's eyes widened and she took the bracelet to check if it was hers. Aliyah kissed him once the bracelet passed the test she held her left arm out and Robert put the bracelet on her with a smile.