Chapter 10

The alarm rang through the house making Aliyah jump up she fiddled with it trying to turn off. She finally got it and picked her pillow up a piece of paper fell to the floor. She picked it up and read it.

I'm sorry to abandon you but I can't take being in the house and looking at your faces. You remind me too much of her I want you guy's to be better than me I love you.

The letter ended with her dads signature. Aliyah was confused she didn't know what the word "abandon"meant so she grabbed the dictionary and looked it up just like her daddy taught her too. She read the definition and then reread the letter and punched the couch. She didn't bother crying anymore she woke up her siblings and got them ready for daycare. Then she got herself ready and walked out.

"Hey shortie" Mark said walking waving at her. She looked at him and kept on walking holding her siblings hands.
"I'm talking to you" Mark said walking up and tapping her shoulder. She ignored him. Aliyah decided to cut everyone off so she wouldn't hurt anymore. Mark wanted to know what was wrong and he was going to get an answer before the day ended.
"Aliyah" Mark said her name repeatedly walking down the street. Aliyah was getting angrier by the second his voice was starting to annoy her. Mark could see that she was getting angry and decided to get louder. She dropped her siblings off and made her way to school. Mark was full on screaming her name.

"What Idiot" She snapped looking at him and balling her fist up. He smiled and said
"You gonna tell me what's wrong" He asked looking at her. She turned back around and started walking to school
"ALIYAH" he screamed repeatedly she turned around and looked at him.

"Stop calling my name" She growled at him. Mark laughed and decided to toy with her.
"ALIYAH" He yelled her name again. Her eyes narrowed and she punched him in the arm.
"Leave me alone" She said walking away from him.
"I didn't do nothing wrong so whatchu mad at me for" He asked walking beside her. She looked at him and rolled her eyes then walked into her homeroom.

"Hey Aliyah" Dante said smiling at her.
"Whatchu talking to me for" She frowned at him.
"Cause I like you" He told her.
"Well I don't like you so leave me alone" She responded dismissing him. Dante walked away with a broken heart and sat with Luca.

Aliyah was too wrapped up in her own emotions to be focusing on other people and their feelings. The day went by rather fast for her she was too caught up in her own head that she wasn't even paying attention.

Aliyah walked to the daycare with Mark yelling her name. She ignored him until she got to her house.
"Stop calling my name" she told him opening the door and trying to close the door on him. Mark barged in almost pushing her down.
"Get out" She yelled at him walking into her room. Mark followed her
"where's your parents" He asked looking at the back of her head.

It was the last straw for Aliyah everything had been going wrong for her. She had no parents the kids at school laughed at her. She broke down crying and laid down on the floor holding her stuffed elephant.

Mark looked at her not knowing what to do
"Sorry" He told her craning his neck. He thought back to his sisters when they cried and they hugged someone when they cried so he got up and hugged her until she calmed down.

"I got your back" He said smiling and laying on her bed.
"Promise?" She asked sticking her pinky out. He looked at her and smiled
"Promise" he said intertwining fingers they both kissed their thumb and let go.