Chapter 5

The day was solemn but the sky was as bright as ever. It was a beautiful sunny day and the weather was perfect. Aliyah was busy putting on her black dress and shoes.
"You ready Aliyah" Her dad asked. Aliyah was too busy looking for her note to give her mom to respond.

Once she finally found it she walked downstairs and saw that her dad put Cheerios in a baggie. She took it and walked outside with her dad and little siblings. They walked to the car and Aliyah froze up. She hated cars it took away her mother.
"I'm not getting into that" Aliyah yelled Travis rubbed his temples he knew where she was coming from but he didn't want to put up with her tantrum. He picked her up and strapped her in then the twins and started driving to the funeral.

They walked in and everyone said their condolences. Aliyah looked at everyone crying and noticed that she's never seen them before. She walked to the front with her family and listen to the pastor give his little sermon for the funeral then people told short stories about her mother. Aliyah didn't cry she remembered with her mother told her and she wasn't going to let anyone see her breakdown.

They were gonna close the casket but Aliyah jumped up and put her note inside the casket and looked at her mother one last time and touched her bracelet.
"I'm gonna miss you mommy" She said to her mother than sitting back down. They closed the casket and lowered her into the dirt everyone threw their flowers home and drove home.

Travis got up slowly and drove them back home. Aliyah changed out of her clothes and put on some Jeans and a Black tee and snuck out of the house and ran to her calming place which was a weeping willow tree in the middle of the park. She loved it because no one went there and she loved to watch the ducks.

She sat under the tree and cried her sadness quickly turned into anger.
"It's not fair" She screamed kicking the tree and crying. She tired herself out and fell down and cried into her knees.
"Liyah are you alright" Dominique said running up to her and tackling her with a hug.
"Yup" She said smiling and wiping her eyes. Dominique looked at her cast and smiled

"Aww man I should've brought my marker" He said smiling.
"Why" she asked "because I wanna be the first person to sign your cast" He told her smiling. She laughed and said
"I won't let anyone sign it until you do"
"You can't clap for me" He told her
"But I can cheer for you" She responded and laid on his shoulder.

"Stop asking me to date you I hate girls" Mark yelled throwing his football in the air and walking past the willow tree.
"Why not you're cute" A girl said chasing after him.

Dominique and Aliyah laughed with each other. he was always being chased by some girl. Mark turned around when he heard his friends laughing and sat underneath the tree with them.
"So you gonna date me" She asked him.
"No girl" He spat at her.

She was hurt so she decided to take out her anger on Aliyah.
"That's why you broke your arm ugly Aliyah" She told her

Aliyah narrowed her eyes and stood up the girl chose the wrong day to mess with Aliyah she had all of her emotions bottled up and the girl was dropping the mentos in the soda. Aliyah punched her in her nose then kicked her down the hill. She waited till the girl ran back up the hill and then kicked her back down.

Aliyah sat back down and crossed her arms. The guys were looking at her
"What are you looking at" She yelled at them.
"You" Mark said smiling
"Nothing" Dominique said shrugging his shoulders. Aliyah frowned and laid back on Dominique's arm.

"Why do you guys sit by this tree" Mark asked them. Dominique looked at Aliyah who's eyes were starting to water. She blinked back her tear and looked at Mark.
"Because no one comes here and I like to tell my problems to the tree" She said smiling.
"I like it because it's shady" Dominique smiled.

Mark nodded and threw his football in the air. He found it nice no one at home would listen to his problems so telling a tree was something new.