Chapter 43

Aliyah was sitting on her porch with Jordan. He was starting to pull himself up. Aliyah smiled while watching him sitting underneath the spring stars. She looked at him them noticed he was about to take his first steps.

"Aye y'all come here now" Aliyah yelled still watching him.

"What wrong" Mark asked frantically running out then relaxing when he saw Jordan was alright.

They all sat and watched Jordan pull himself up using the red rocking chair on the porch. He stood up and waited till the chair steadied he took his first steps making his way to Mark then he fell on his butt. Mark picked him up and kissed his son on his cheek while Aliyah and her siblings were clapping for Jordan.

They walked back inside except for Aliyah she watched the stars laying down on the grass. She grabbed her diary and started doodling a picture of the stars. She smiled at her picture and figured she should doodle more often since it was so calming.

Steve walked by her house with his new girl on his arm. She was a long haired light skin girl with small brown eyes. She was as shapely as Aliyah and that was the only thing that they shared in common. Steve saw Aliyah on the grass and smiled at her.

"Hey Aliyah" He said smiling

"Hi Steve and Veronica" She said smiling and waving to the both of them. Veronica didn't wave she just looked at the sky. Rude bitch Aliyah thought to herself.

"Whatchu doin out here" Steve asked

"Nothing just looking at the sky" Aliyah smiled looking up and then looking at him.

"Yeah the sky is looking really pretty today" Steve said smiling.

"Where you come from" She asked him

"The movies she wanted to go so I took her"

"What movie y'all watch" Aliyah asked the both of them

"A movie I can't remember" Veronica said looking Aliyah up and down and wrapping her arms around Steve and kissing him. "Steve I'm cold can we go please" She whined

"Yeah see ya later Aliyah" Steve said smiling and waving at her. Aliyah waved and sat on the grass watching the sky again.

"Steve I'm cold" Aliyah mocked in Veronica's high pitch voice. Aliyah had a strong dislike for Veronica she was a "yes girl". All she ever did was say yes to boys. And Veronica was rude to everyone she didn't have basic manners. Aliyah grumbled and grabbed her book and walked inside.

Aliyah woke up the next day and took a shower grabbing a black and some leggings. She got dressed and turned on the on the T.V. She checked her grades and those were up only having A's and B's. Aliyah frowned wanting someone to mess with and Steve wasn't an option anymore and Mark was busy playing around with his son and she didn't want to mess that up either. She heard a knock at the door taking her out of thought.

"ALIYAH YOUR TWIN IS HERE" Mark yelled. Aliyah rolled her eyes that Robert made that a thing. She walked downstairs to the door.

"Hey Delilah" Aliyah said grabbing her keys and a pair of flop flops.

"Hey liyah" She smiled sitting down on one the steps with Aliyah.

"You ever loose your virginity" Delilah asked bluntly making Aliyah laugh.

"Yeah why you ask"

"Cause I wanna loose mine this year but I'm afraid"

"Ain't nothing to be afraid about it hurts for a little while but then it feels better why you tryna loose yours this year though"

"Ion wanna be the only virgin in college"

"You not gonna be the only one there's gonna be others relax mama" Aliyah reassured her

A group of boys were walking down Aliyah's street and they  were talking and laughing real loudly. Aliyah pretended like they didn't exist. She looked at Delilah who was smiling at them.

"Whatchu doin girl" Aliyah asked

"Smiling at them they funny" She responded

"Nah you gonna make them stop and talk to you"

"Ion care they cute"

Aliyah's eyes narrowed not really wanting a conversation with them. The boys walked up and stopped right infront of Aliyah's house. They looked at the girls wanting to talk to them. But the girls scared away most of the Boys.

"Aye y'all the twins right" One boy asked looking at the girls but eyeing Delilah  more.

"Yeah that's our nickname" Delilah responded.

Aliyah looked at the friend group noticing they weren't cute except for one Brownskin boy. He wore thick glasses and had curly hair. He was about 5'7 and Aliyah was eying him.

"Aye come here ion wanna loose my voice tryna talk to y'all" The ring leader said. Aliyah and Delilah laughed looking at each other then at the ring leader.

"What's y'all name" he asked smiling

"I'm Delilah and that's Aliyah"

"Well I'm Christian" He responded looking at Delilah.

Aliyah kept glancing at four eyes while she was 3rd wheeling a conversation she wasn't even in. Christian thought Aliyah was mean by the way she looked and decided to have his friend be made fun of so he could look cooler.

"Aye four eyes come here" Christian said. The kid with the glasses pushed his glasses up.

"Fuck off Christian you know my name" The boy said standing beside Christian.

Aliyah giggled at Glasses comment along with Delilah.

"What's your name glasses" Aliyah asked smiling

"Oh uhh its Miguel" he said looking straight at her with a bright smile.

"Where you from Miguel" she asked liking the way his name sounded

"I'm from here like my mom but my dad from Brazil"

"Can you say somethin in Spanish"

"Estas Bella"

"Whatchu say" Aliyah asked with a smile

"I called you beautiful" he responded

"Can I try on your glasses one day" She asked

"If you promise to meet me again" told her

"Promise" she told him sticking out her pinky he stuck his out and they intertwined.

Aliyah walked onto her porch and sat down waiting for Delilah to finish her conversation. Aliyah would keep on glancing at Miguel who was eying her the whole time while Christian was in conversation. Delilah walked back onto the porch after the boys left and smiled.

"You really like that scar face boy" Aliyah asked

"Yeah he cute"'Delilah lied

"Watch out cause that mean he been in many fight" Aliyah responded knowing that he lost most of them by the scars

"You can't be talking about Christian look at Miguel and his thick ass glasses"

"So what he cute and can speak Spanish with no scars on his face"

"Whatever" Delilah said low key wishing she waited to have Miguel.