Chapter 20

Homecoming rolled around and Steve was getting ready for the game. He took a shower and washed his hair that was now starting to grow out. He put on a pair of sweats and a white Tee them combed his hair out. He stole some of his dad's Colegene and put it on he grabbed his necklace for her and started walking to her house.

He knocked on Aliyah's door she opened up and smiled when she saw him and gave him a hug inviting him in. He sat on the couch watching her siblings play together they looked at Steve.
"Wanna play with us" Jackie asked.
"Uhh sure what y'all playin" he asked her noticing she shared  the same eyes as Aliyah.
"Yeah what game y'all playin" He asked them.
"Connect four she keep beating me though" John said crossing his arms Steve laughed and started playing.

Mark was standing outside his street corner a junkie walked up to him and they made their trade. He looked around noticing a police car pull up around the corner. Mark started walking away and saw the car follow him. He took off and hopped a fence running straight towards Aliyah's house since she wasn't that far.

Mark walked inside the house out of breath and all sweaty. "Hi Mark" The twins yelled.
"Hey y'all" Mark said breathlessly hugging the both of them he gave Aliyah a look and she stood up and walked into the kitchen and jumped on the counter. Mark followed in after her looking and kept his head down.
"What's up with you " she asked looking at him
"The police looked like they were following me can I stay here for a while" he asked her
"Mark don't bring the police here we don't got no adults living here"
"I know Aliyah but please just this one time I promise I won't do it again shortie" he said smiling Aliyah jumped down and hugged him he hugged her back.
"Alright you going to the game" She asked him
"Nah I'll be at the dance though " He told her

Aliyah walked into the living room and saw the twins jumping on Steve holding on to him like he was a tree. She smiled at him and sat on the couch and got on her phone for a while.

"you ready" she asked looking at Steve who was on the floor watching a cartoon with them. He looked at her with an smile out of embarrassment
"Yeah" he told her standing up the twins hugged Steve and waved at Aliyah.

Steve started walking suddenly remembered the necklace and smiled at her.
"What" Aliyah asked looking at him
"Nothing close your eyes" he told her Aliyah closed them knowing he got her some jewelry. Steve put the necklace on her and they walked to the game.

Aliyah sat next to Steve watching the game and smiling until another girl walked up to him. She was a wide eyed cinnamon color girl who was slimmer than Aliyah. She waved at Aliyah and sat next to Steve.
"Hey Steve" She said smiling
"Hi Tonya" Steve said hugging her.
"Whatchu doin here" She asked him
"Watching the game with Aliyah" He told her starting to get annoyed.
"You going to the dance" Tonya asked unaware of his annoyance he nodded at her.
Tonya turned her attention to Aliyah "you wanna sit with me at lunch on Monday" she asked flipping her box braids over her shoulder.
"Yeah"Aliyah smiled
"Tonya bring your ass back here" Tonya's friend group yelled at her she smiled and waved going to sit back down with her friends.

Mark was on another street corner selling his drugs. A police car pulled up to him and Mark started walking away quickly. The car started speeding up with his pace.
"AYY boy what you doing" An officer yelled Mark pretended like he didn't hear them. He walked into an Alley way and threw the drugs away. The car drove around the block and stopped.

"Boy I'm talking to you" the officer yelled
Mark turned around and said innocently "Me"
"Yeah you boy" the officer yelled he walked up to the officer what his hands in front of him. The officer grabbed Mark and put his head on the hood. The officer took out his handcuffs and put them on him and threw him in the car.
"Whatchu arresting me for I ain't do nothing" Mark asked calmly. The officer didn't respond and drove him to the station.

Aliyah was getting ready for homecoming she played music and got into the shower. She brushed her teeth and put on lotion and perfume on. Aliyah wore a red dress with jewels on it she curled her hair and put her shoes on. She walked downstairs and looked at the T.V. with her siblings.

Steve got out the car and knocked on the door. Aliyah opened up and smiled.
"Hey Stevie" she said hugging him Steve smelt her perfume and felt like he could melt.
"You ready" he asked her looking at the car. Aliyah looked at the car and tensed up.
"Uhh can we walk" she asked him looking from him and to the car frantically Steve knew something was wrong she never looked so scared before.
"Look I got you I promise nothing bad will happen" he said grabbing her hand. Aliyah looked at him and back at the car.
"Promise?" she asked him
"Promise" he told her walking to the car.

Aliyah gripped his hand harder when they got closer. He opened the door and helped her in and got in after her. She didn't let go of his hand the whole car ride. Steve's heart was beating a mile a minute he was excited that she was holding onto him.

They got out the car holding hands and Aliyah finally felt calm again. They walked inside the gym and started dancing together. Some of the boys noticed her with Steve and they wondered why she liked him. Steve kept looking at her lips then back at her eyes. Aliyah noticed and smiled.
"Why you keep staring at me" Aliyah asked him
"Cause you beautiful" he told her with a smile Aliyah smiled harder he was coming out of his shell. Aliyah wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. Steve was all teeth after that.