Chapter 17

Aliyah woke up early and grabbed some of her old clothes with new ones and the jewelry Trayvoyn gave her. She walked to the market with her chair and sold her clothes. She let the people bid for her clothes and sold it'll the highest bidder. She started selling the jewelry and a girl walked up to her.

"How much is the bracelet" she asked pointing to the one on her left arm.
"Oh that's not for sale" Aliyah told her touching it remembering her mom.
"But I want it" she whined Aliyah looked at the girls mother who gave her a half smile then she pulled her crying child away.

"Hey Aliyah" Steve said smiling with a pounding heart next to his waist grabbing friend.
"Hi Stevie,hey waist" She said smiling and looking at him then back at the people walking by.
"My names Bryan" He told her
"Ok waist" Aliyah said laughing a little.
"See you mean" He told him walking away

Steve looked at Aliyah with a smile and stood next to her stand.
"Why you ain't follow your friend" she asked him
"Ion know but he'll be back" He said standing next to her.
"What elementary school you go to" She asked looking at him. Noticing he looked familiar.
"Maple" he told her knowing she went to the same school
"You were the kid who said I couldn't throw" Aliyah laughed hugging him and smiling.
"Yeah sorry about that" he told her
"It's alright" she said giving a guy his change back.
"Let's go Steve" Bryan said with some knickknacks in his hand.
"Bye Aliyah" Steve said smiling
"Bye" she told him with a wave watching the kid trip again.

Aliyah walked home with 1,200 in her hand. She noticed how much more money she made with the jewelry and decided on playing boys for jewelry. Aliyah saw Mark sitting on her porch. Knowing he only sat there for two reasons.
"Wanna talk or can't find the key" she asked  him
"Talk" he told her

Aliyah nodded and brought the rack inside then walked back out sitting with Mark.
"I think I got a girl pregnant" he told her.
Aliyah laughed at him thinking he was joking around
"For real Aliyah I'm serious" he told her "I don't got no money and my mom is gonna kick me out I don't know how ima provide" He frowned putting his hands over his face.
"She might've been pregnant and you can always sell drugs" Aliyah said smiling trying to lighten the mood

Mark was actually considering it and he looked at her.
"I was kidding man don't do it" Aliyah frowned at him
"But it brings in money" Mark told her. Aliyah knew he already made up his mind.
She hugged him and said "I love you Mark I don't want you going to jail"
"I love you too and I'm not going" he said hugging her back