Chapter 56

Steve came by Aliyah's house wanting to know what she was making today. He walked up to her door and knocked. John opened up and smiled letting Steve come in. He sat on the couch and watched the kids while Jordan jumped on him.

"Is Aliyah home" He asked

"No she's out with her boyfriend Dre" Jackie responded

"Oh you know what time she gets home"

"Some time around seven" Jackie told him

Steve checked the time and saw it was 6:37 he knew he could wait. Jordan got off of Steve and walked onto the porch waiting for Aliyah to come home.

Aliyah was in Dre's room when he got a text from his friends that Aliyah was with Steve at her house. Dre stood up and looked at her. Aliyah looked at his movements wondering what the problem was now. She looked at the time

"Did you go straight home and make dinner" he asked her

"Yeah why" She asked wanting to know what his problem was

"Anyone come over"

"Yeah Steve did" She shrugged and got on her phone, Dre snatched her phone.

"Gimme my phone back" Aliyah yelled at him

"Don't yell at me girl you invited that nigga over didn't you" He yelled back

"No he came over by himself"

"Bitch I ain't stupid" Dre told her throwing her phone on the bed.

Aliyah stood up knowing she should've left him after he disrespected her the first time. Aliyah narrowed her eyes and grabbed her phone.

"I fucking hate your insecure ass" Aliyah yelled pushing past him. Dre grabbed her by the back of her shirt and punched her in her mouth then in her nose. Aliyah held her nose feeling the blood running down her nose. She looked at him and ran out the house

"Watch your fucking mouth stupid bitch" He yelled at her as she ran out.

Aliyah walked home sucking on her lip trying not to cry. She walked onto her porch seeing Jordan. Jordan got wide eyed seeing the blood. Aliyah tried to shush him but Jordan got up and ran inside the house.

"liyah hurt" Jordan said to Steve then grabbed his hand pulling him outside.

Aliyah hid her face when she heard Steve walk outside. Steve already knew something was wrong cause Aliyah always looked at him. He walked closer to her and Aliyah stood up still hiding.

"Whats wrong" He asked her

"Nothing" Aliyah said trying to keep her voice steady but it broke.

Steve hugged her wondering what the problem was and why she was hiding so much.

"My siblings inside" Aliyah asked

"Yeah they upstairs"

Aliyah hid her face and walked into the kitchen washing her face and then touching her bottom lip. Steve followed and grabbed her face wondering what the problem was. He saw her busted lip and was pissed.

"Who hit you" He asked her trying to keep his voice calm

"No one I uhh fell" She told him looking at the floor

"Stop lying to me Aliyah who hit you" He asked again

Aliyah looked at him with tears in her eyes she knew Steve would find out sooner or later. She sucked on her lip and tried to hold in her tears.

"Andre hit me" She said wiping her eyes then walking upstairs.

Steve was furious. Andre hit a girl and what made it even worse what he hit Aliyah. He was ready to fight but he wanted to make sure Aliyah was alight first. He relaxed himself first and walked upstairs to Aliyah's room. She was laying down under the cover listening to music. He got in behind her and laid down with her playing in her hair. Until they fell asleep together.

Steve got ready for school the next day knowing Aliyah took the day off. He was unusually quiet the whole day and his friends knew something was wrong but they let him be and decided to let him handle it on his own. Steve had his eye on Andre the whole time at school. Steve knew that he might loose since Andre was solid but Steve was taller so he knew that it would be harder for Andre to hit his face.

The bell rang and Steve followed Andre off of school grounds. Steve noticed that Andre was walking by himself. Steve ran to him and punched him in the side of his head. Andre stumbled a little before standing up straight. Andre punched Steve in his stomach knocking the wind out of him. Steve stepped on his foot and punched Andre in his nose then mouth. Andre fell back tripping on an uneven part of the sidewalk. He fell back and Steve started stomping Andre's face.

Bryan pulled Steve off of him. Steve looked around not knowing that he gained a crowd. Bryan looked at Steve and chuckled wondering what his problem with Andre was. They walked to Aliyah's house seeing that she was outside playing with Jordan. She jumped up and noticing that Steve looked scuffed up.

"What happened to you" She said hugging him with Jordan

"I got into a fight"

"You lying Stevie" Aliyah laughed

"He being serious liyah Steve was beating the shit out of Andre" Bryan said smiling and laughing

"Thanks Steve" Aliyah smiled at him walking back to her porch steps playing with Jordan