Chapter 22

Aliyah walked inside wanting to see Steve. She smiled when she saw him waiting by her locker and walked right up to him. He  looked at her and smiled.

"Hi Stevie" she said hugging him
"You got any plans after school today" he asked hoping she would say no Aliyah shook her head.
"You wanna come over" he asked
"Yeah" Aliyah smiled looking at him he kissed her and they walked to class together .

Lunch rolled around and Aliyah grabbed her food until she saw a pair of waving hands. She looked behind her the pointed to herself. Tonya smiled and nodded she sat down next to her and the other girls looked at her.
"Who's she" A girl with short hair asked Tonya
"Aliyah she was at the game with Steve" Tonya smiled
"You and Steve talk or date" a girl asked she looked like she could pass for white of it weren't for her Afrocentric features.
"Jesus lay she just got here" The short haired girl asked
"I wanna know Shayla" the other girl said
"Oh that's Leilani" Tonya whispered to Aliyah. Aliyah smiled and ate her food.

"Speak of the devil" Tonya said looking at Steve.
"Hey Steve" the whole table said he smiled and waved at them.
"Ima have to do a raincheck" Steve told her
"Alright" Aliyah said looking upset
"We can make it up" Steve told her trying to get her to smile.
"Ok" she said turning around Steve kissed her and she smiled. He walked back to his table and sat down.

"See I told you we were dating" Steve said looking at Bryan
"Nah she did it for show" he said laughing "but whatchu say that had her looking so upset" he asked
"I had to raincheck on out date" he said smiling looking at Aliyah talking at her table.
"You hitting it yet" Bryan asked
"It ain't even like that I like being around her and even if I were I wouldn't tell your dumb ass" Steve said looking at him
"You got it" Bryan told him with a smile

Mark walked to his usual street corner after school and a Black car was just parked there. Jamal was in the car watching a Mark. Mark reminded Jamal of when he was younger. A young man trying to make fast money.
"Aye Mark get here man" Jamal yelled Mark walked over to his car and smiled. "Get in"
Mark got into the car and sat back.
"You know how to drive" Jamal asked
"No" Mark said looking at him
"Aw'ight ima teach you" Jamal said driving to an abandoned parking lot.