Chapter 58

Aliyah was over Quentin's house with her friends and his friends. They sat down in the grass feeding off of each other energy. Aliyah kept glancing at Steve who was laughing. She smiled at his face noticing how happy he looked.

"Y'all hear Icon is coming to town" Shayla said smiling the boys got quiet and looked at her.

"Can you imagine them all singing together shirtless" Leilani said

"Who y'all think the cutest" Tonya asked

"Maruice is he got that smooth dark skin and them pearly whites with the baby eyes and boy them long ass eyelashes mmm he so sexy" Aliyah said smiling.

"Nah Keon the cutest with his grills and all those tattoos especially with all them muscles" Tonya responded

"Fuck no them grills look ugly Jackson is better he tall and he light skin too" Leilani smiled

"Girl how light do you want your kids you damn near white" Shayla said

"I ain't no where near white don't call me that" Leilani said rolling her eyes.

The boys looked at each other then back at the girls wondering what the girls were so excited for. Steve looked at Aliyah hoping that she wouldn't ask him to take her to the concert. He knew that boys were going to be there just to pick up girls and he didn't want to be around them. He also didn't want to be around screaming girls and sweaty teens.

"Hey Stevie" Aliyah said smiling and hugging him

"If it's about the concert Im not taking you"

"Please Stevie what if I pay for the tickets and for the gas"

"No Aliyah" He told her adding more bass to his voice.

Aliyah sucked her teeth and sat on Quentins porch steps. She wondered what Steve's problem was. She assumed that he was jealous. Aliyah noticed Bryan walking up to her and rolled her eyes. Bryan smiled still having a little crush on Aliyah.

"Whatchu catchin an attitude with me for I ain't even do nothing to you" Bryan told her

"Ion have a attitude"

"You spoiled liyah" He told her with a smile

Bryan shook his head and sat back down with Steve. Steve glanced at Aliyah and saw she was grumbling to herself. He looked at he and smiled at her little tantrum going on.

"Whatchu say to her" Steve asked Bryan

"I told her she was spoiled"

Steve smiled and looked at Aliyah again who was bopping to music. He stood up and walked over to her wondering why he liked her then he quickly realized that he only wanted her. He took her earbud out and smiled.

"Lemme talk to you" He told her walking onto the porch

"Ion wanna talk" Aliyah responded

"I don't care whatchu wanna do I want to talk to you so come here" Steve taking a deep breath

Aliyah smiled knowing she was getting on his nerves "Carry me"

"Aliyah stop playin and come here"

Aliyah stood up and walked up to him "I'm not playing"

"Carry me" Steve copied her

"Ion sound like that" Aliyah laughed

Steve looked at her and smiled at her laugh "whatchu catching an attitude for"

"Ion have a attitude I wanna go to the concert"

"You can go ain't no one stopping you"

"But I wanna go with you" Aliyah said pressing up against him

"I already told you my answer"

Aliyah rolled her eyes knowing Steve was set in his ways.
"I gotta go Ima pick up Jordan" Aliyah said hugging him and kissing his cheek. Steve grabbed her face and kissed her making Aliyah smile.

"Ima walk with you I gotta see Jamal anyway" Steve responded.

Aliyah grabbed his hand and smiled walking to the daycare. She was upset with Steve but she loved touching him. She would never know if it would be the last time and she never wanted her last time with Steve to be sour. Aliyah signed out Jordan ran out jumping on Aliyah and giving her a sloppy kiss. She set him down and they walked out hand and hand.

"Bye Beautiful and Jordan" Steve said kissing Aliyah and waving at Jordan

"Bye" They said in unison and started walking home.

Steve started to walking to Jamal's warehouse with a wide smile. He noticed that no matter how mad Aliyah was at him she always told him that she loved him. Steve smiled not wanting to have another girl. He walked inside the red warehouse and smiled when Jamal walked up to him with a half naked girl on his arm. She started eying Steve and smiled.

"Wassup Steve" Jamal said smiling

"Nothing much just chilling you"

"I got work to do like you, some nigga taking my shit so Ima need you to handle it while I handle her" Jamal responded smacking her butt making the girl giggle. Steve chuckled and shook his head.

"Oh and I better hear a bang and some blood or thats your ass on the line" Jamal said handing Steve a gun.

Steve walked to the meeting area and sat down. He ran over the game plan in his head wondering how the people would react to him. He decided on keeping quiet and letting the guys tell on themselves even though he knew who the person was. He decided to call in two random people before calling in the perpetrator.

"Hi Kendall" Steve said smiling

"Hey man" The short black boy said looking at Steve for a quick second then looking away. He was shaking his leg and Steve could tell he was scared.

"You know whatchu In here for"

"Nah not really" He responded looking around the room but never making eye contact with Steve.

Steve decided not to ease him into it since he wanted to go home.

"You been taking money" Steve asked

"I ain't never done that"

"Stop fucking lying nigga you were caught on camera" Steve said getting angry

"I swear it wasn't me" Kendall lied getting more scared seeing Steve's gun.

Steve pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger. He set the gun on the table feeling sick. He didn't want to kill anyone but if he didn't Jamal would be on his tail and possibly might kill him. Steve stood up from the table and told one of the maids to clean up.

Steve walked outside needing a fresh breath of air. He was in shock and couldn't believe he just killed someone. He saw many of people die infront of him but he never killed them. Steve imagined Kendall's dead body infront of him and started throwing up.

"Man you good" A boy said looking at him

Steve looked at the kid and he was almost as tall as Steve just a inch shorter. He had penny brown skin and thick eyebrows with a sleeve of tattoos.

"Yeah I'm fine" Steve said straightening himself and popping gum into his mouth.

"Stop lyin nigga I saw you kill that boy it was your first time wasn't it" The boy asked with a smile

"Yeah"

"Look man I know how it feels give me a call if it starts going to your head" The boy said writing down his number and leaving