Chapter 11

It was getting closer to summer and Aliyah did her routine of waking up her siblings and taking them to daycare. With Mark and Dominique. Dominique was unusually quiet and Aliyah knew something was wrong.

"You alright nique" Aliyah asked walking into school.
"No my mom said we're moving" he told her frowning.
It's always everyone I love leaving Aliyah thought to herself.
"Where you moving to" Aliyah asked frowning with him
"My Mom told me it was a surprise and that today would be my last day" He said kicking the dirt
"We don't have to go to school today if you don't wanna" Aliyah said with a smile.
"No I wanna go" he sighed

They walked into school together and Dominique was worried about the place he was moving too. He didn't want to leave his friends especially Aliyah she was always there for him.

The teacher gave them an arts and crafts day since the end of the school year was nearing.
"I'm gonna make you a bracelet" she said grabbing string and measuring his wrist

He smiled and did the same thing back to her then they measured Marks wrist. They placed the beads on the rope based on their favorite color and then they tied it around each other's wrist.

Recess rolled around and Aliyah sat on the bench cheering for Dominique. Aliyah stopped getting the name calling from the girls. They were all afraid of Mark and they knew deep down she wasn't ugly they were just jealous of her.

"Hey Aliyah" Steve said walking up to her. He gained a crush on her over the school year but was afraid to say anything to her about it.
"Hi Stevie" Aliyah waved keeping her eyes on Dominique. She jumped up and cheered for him he gave her a smile and thumbs up.
"Whatchu doing" He asked looking her Aliyah looked at him and he quickly averted his eyes and looked at the sky. Aliyah looked at the sky with him then back at the game.
"Cheering for Dominique" She told him smiling jumping up and cheering for him again.

Mark looked at Steve and Aliyah and laughed while throwing a ball in their direction.
"Hey shortie are you and your boyfriend gonna throw me the ball back" He smiled knowing Steve had a crush on her.
"Shutup Mark he isn't my boyfriend" Aliyah said throwing the ball back at him. He caught it and threw it back at her. She caught it and threw it to Luca who didn't catch it.
"Leave me alone Mark, Stevie is talking to me" Aliyah said with a smile looking at Steve. Mark left her alone and went back to playing his game.
"Sorry what did you come here for again" Aliyah asked him. His nerves was getting the best of him. He was starting to overthink things and quickly stood up.
"Nothing" he said walking away quickly almost tripping over his on two feet, Aliyah smiled at him wondering what he was so nervous for before watching the rest of the game.

After recess the kids went into class and watched Mulan together. The trio watched the movie and laughed together when the phone rang.
"Dominique front desk early dismissal" their teacher said Aliyah jumped up and hugged him Dominique hugged back before grabbing his book bag and leaving the school. Aliyah sat down and looked at the movie silently thinking if she would ever see Dominique again .

Aliyah जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें