"What do you mean?"

He was silent for a few seconds, but I could hear his breathing through the phone and I knew that he probably had his eyes closed to think—or calm himself, perhaps. "We were supposed to meet today at the usual place for lunch earlier, to discuss our upcoming project. I waited for two hours and you didn't show up so I went back to my office just now."

I stopped what I was doing, looking over to check on my watch and the calendar showing on the screen of my phone before cursing at myself. "Oh my God, Yoongi—" I groaned, and my headache returned even more viciously. "I am so sorry. I woke up extremely late this morning and I was—Okay, I have no other excuse, I completely forgot about it. Please forgive me—"

"It's okay. Where are you? Are you at home?"

"Yes! Yes, I'm at home right now," I told him, extremely apologetic. I started to think of any way that I could do to fix my mistake.

"Okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes," he said, shutting the phone right after with no warning and without waiting for my response.

I have been working with Min Yoongi for a year and had known him for much longer that I had gotten used to how he did certain things, but the sudden halt of the phone call only enhanced the guilt that I had. I prepared coffee for him and waited in the living room. The tiredness soon came back as I leaned back on the sofa that I was starting to doze off while waiting.

I was awakened by the sound of doorbell 20 minutes later.

"Yoongi, I'm so sorry," I immediately said to him the moment I opened the door. My eyes were still hazy from the short nap I just had and I was running out of breath for rushing off to get the door.

"Jesus—" he said under his breath while staring at me. "Are you sure you okay? You look like death."

"I—actually, I'm not completely sure," I sighed, moving aside so he could walk past the door. "I might be tired, I have so little energy when I woke up and I just lost my concentration so easily when I work. It could have been just fatigue," I told him while watching him entering the house, shutting the door behind us.

"Feeling lethargic, huh?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows when I looked at him. "Do you think those might be symptoms of pregnancy?" I stopped on my tracks and stared into his eyes, surprised at his question, while he looked back at me with a soft smile.

Don't you need to make love with your partner in order to get pregnant? The question never escaped my lips. I figured there was no need to share the dark side of my marriage to my business partner.

"How do you know about those things?" I asked him, knowing first hand that the man who I have been working with was indeed a single, unmarried man, and had been so for as long as I knew him.

He answered with a shrug as he turned around and confidently walked towards the sofa as if he owned the place. "I just know some things," he said while sitting down and added, "Not that I experienced any of it myself with anyone else. I just heard people talking about these things."

I poured him a cup of fresh coffee, placing it right in front of him before sitting across the table. "I see. So, are you here to talk about the new project?" I asked him, opening my laptop that was placed on the table.

He was taking a sip of the coffee when I spoke, and he lifted his eyes at me. "Will it be okay if we talk business now? I thought you're not feeling well—"

"I'll be alright," I cut him off. "I'm probably feeling tired from working too much, that's all. I'm also a housewife, after all. There's always so much for me to do."