Emerson Barrett: My Love

A smile spread across your face as you looked at the text from your boyfriend. He was telling you the address of the venue he was playing and what time you needed to be there. It had been almost a month of not seeing him and you missed him like crazy. The phone calls and text every day could only hold you over for so long until you started to get lonely.

As you got into the car, you sent him a quick 'I love you, I'm on my way' text. You giggled at the stupid picture he sent you before you started the drive to the venue. It was a couple hours away, but the boys planned on spending the night in a hotel to take a break from the tour bus.

The music blasted through the speakers as you sang along, a smile on your face when the song switched from Waterparks to Palaye Royale. The windows were down and you were making the best out of the trip. Halfway through, you stopped at a truck stop to grab a snack and use the bathroom.

When you got back on the road, Ma Cherie started to play the speakers. Usually, you would make Emerson or one of your friends sing with you, forcing them to be Kellin so you could have the spotlight, but since you were alone you decided to try and be Kellin. Of course, no one can hit those notes and you ended up laughing so hard you almost had to pull over.

"Make a legal U-turn when possible." "Oh fuck off GPS, I can see the venue." You groaned as the GPS kept saying the same thing over and over again until you parked and turned it off. As you got out of the car, you stretched, a groan coming out of your mouth as all your bones popped.

After you grabbed your phone and keys, you shut the door and started to text Emerson. You heard a door shut but didn't look up to see who it was. A few more seconds of silence took over before you heard someone clear their throat right in front of you.

It caused you to jump and drop your phone, but a familiar giggle filled your ears. When you looked up, you were met with the dimples of your boyfriend. You forgot about your phone as you pulled him into a tight hug. Another giggle escaped his mouth as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

The two of you stayed like that for a minute before he let go and picked up your phone. You slowly looked at the screen and let out a sigh of relief when you saw it wasn't cracked.

"(Y/N)'s here!" Emerson shouted through the venue as he dragged you around to show you everything. You quickly said hi to the rest of the boys before you went back to clinging to Emerson.

As all of you waited for them to go on stage, you all sat in the green room and joked around. The entire time, Emerson kept his arm around your waist. "I missed you," Emerson mumbled into your hair as the two of you were left alone in the green room.

"I missed you too, the bed is really cold now that you aren't there." He laughed at your serious face, placing a small kiss on your forehead. The two of you held each other in silence, savoring the moments you had together.

"Five minutes to stage, Em!" Remington shouted from outside the room, causing the both of you to groan. He pulled the both of you off the couch and led you to side stage. He told you to stay so you could watch the show, excited for you to be there.

Before he walked on stage, you gave him a good luck kiss. As his brothers were about to walk on stage, Sebastian bent down for a kiss. You laughed as you shoved him away from you, a laugh escaping his mouth as he ran onto the stage.

The show was absolutely amazing and you kept telling the boys that as they got ready for the meet and greet. Fans waved at you if they noticed you hiding behind the boys, some even asking for pictures with you before they asked the boys. Of course, you agreed and asked them to tag you so you could like all of them.