Chapter 99

The next few months fly by; it's just after Christmas and Shawn and Jenna are better, pretty serious but still having separate places. Shawn still insisting on being retired and Jenna still working at the café pretty much every day. Jenna is working today, Cora and Conlan sitting in there, Cora teaching him his colors since he just started daycare. Shawn has recently been gone making appearances and broadcasts and things like that. Shawn just getting off a flight from Los Angeles and making his way to the café.

He walks inside, Jenna saying hi as soon as he walks in before walking towards the table and scooping both of his children up. Cora squeals of course before hugging him tightly.

"DADDY!" the little girl exclaims.

"Hey guys, I've missed you," Shawn says, kissing and hugging all over both of them.

"Hey welcome back," Jenna walks over with some chocolate milk and some snacks for the two.

"Thank you," Shawn says, kissing her temple.

"How was LA?" she asks sitting down.

"It was good. I had a good time. Sucks you couldn't come though," he says taking the coffee from Jenna and taking a sip.

"Maybe one day," she says, taking a bite of Cora's muffin. Cora pouts. "Oh hush," she laughs, watching her son eat the granola bar she brought him.

"I love you," Shawn says, leaning down and kissing her once more, hearing little Conlan say "ew."

"Ew yourself," Jenna says kissing at his cheeks.

"What are you guys doing today?" Shawn asks.

"Just hanging out. Bridgette's sick, so I'm covering her half day."

"Oh okay," he nods, looking down at what Conlan is coloring.

The door dings as they both see Brady walk in. Jenna not speaking to him since the night he came in drunk and hasn't answered any of his calls.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, keeping calm since the café is full.

"Is Shawn here?"

She raises an eyebrow at him. "What the hell? Why?"

"I need to talk to him," he swallows hard.

"About what?"

"The other night."

Jenna looks at him oddly. "That night three months ago?" she rolls her eyes before leading him to the table where Shawn is located. "He's here for you," Jenna states.

"What do you want man?" Shawn stands up.

"I just wanted to apologize," he nods a little. "I've been getting some help, and you know..."

"Umm wow," Shawn says surprised. "I wasn't expecting that."

"Yeah, tell her too," he nods to Jenna. "I didn't mean to push her that was a shit thing to do."

"It's okay. You were very intoxicated."

"Yeah...well sorry," he nods before heading out.

"That was weird," Shawn says to Jenna.

"Hmm?"

"He apologized for that night," he says. "I don't have to worry about him do I?"

"What?" she looks at him oddly.

"Just the way he looked at you when he left, that's all."

"I haven't talked to him in a long time, even way before that night."

"Okay," Shawn says. "Well I think I'm going to take them and let you finish the work day in peace," he winks. "Is that okay?"

"Yep that's fine," she smiles.

"I'm gonna take them back to the house."