Chapter 30

A couple of months later, the pair is together, opening day here in a couple of days, the Toronto Blue Jays set to square up against the Tampa Bay Rays at the end of the week. Therefore, Shawn and the team are out in Florida, Jenna taking a week off school to come but having to go back the weekend after the opener-Cora coming out for opening day like every year, the plan for Jenna to bring her back to BC afterward. Jenna is at Shawn's rental house, Shawn at the stadium getting some practice in, warming up with one of the new pitchers that signed on this season. He's just throwing the ball around, Shawn getting the new guys arm warmed up-Shawn the Blue Jays catcher.

"So you've been here a few years huh?" the guy asks Shawn.

"Yeah, about four," Shawn answers.

"Yeah? That's cool. Your friend seems cool. Is she single?"

"Are you talking about Jenna?" Shawn laughs, throwing the ball back.

"Yeah, the one you brought here. Think you could set me up?" he smiles.

"Um no," Shawn smirks. "That's my girl."

"Shit man sorry," the guy laughs. "Didn't know, she's hot though."

"It's no biggie as long as you know," Shawn says. "Alright, you need to get some pitches in," he says throwing the ball back to him before walking over and putting his mask on and the rest of his catching gear, kneeling and waiting for him to begin.

"Jenna?" Shawn calls out, walking into the rental house a few hours later with some bags of food. He walks into the kitchen.

"Hmm?" she walks out of the bathroom, pulling her hair up in a bun, wearing some leggings and an oversized hoodie.

"Food is here," he says, setting the food down.

"Yummy," she says walking over watching Shawn get out a bottle of water and getting out all the food. He grabs his stuff and sits down at the barstool and begins to eat. Jenna following suit. "Don't they feed you there?" Jenna laughs, beginning to eat what he brought her.

"They do, but you know I eat a ton," Shawn laughs.

"Mhm," she smirks.

"You alright?" he asks.

"Yeah why?"

"I'm just making sure," he smiles watching her walk out of the kitchen. He finishes eating about fifteen minutes later and cleaning up the kitchen. He makes his way to the bedroom. "Hey babe do you wan-" he begins, seeing Jenna laying on the bed, eyes closed.

"Hmm," she mumbles.

"Are you tired or something?" he smirks.

"I'm fine," she smiles even though her eyes are still closed. "Do I want to what?"

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to the beach?"

"Mhm," she nods sitting up, getting up and looking through her suitcase for her bathing suit.

"Babe we don't have too."

"I'm fine," she laughs, pulling on the suit as Shawn changes himself. They walk out the back porch of the rental house. Following Jenna as she walks down the steps and the path, out the back gate and to the beach. It being a wealthier area, so it's a private beach. She spreads the towel out and kneels on it to fix the edges. Shawn does the same, laying his towel down right beside and laying back, balling up another towel so he can rest his head on it. The two soak up the sun for a good twenty minutes in silence, Shawn finally looking over at Jenna.