Chapter 80

Waking up the next morning to the sound of Cora's school alarm, he sits up and looks around, still in her room. He then looks down at his fast-asleep daughter. "Hey monkey get up," he stretches.

Cora moves a little, rolling over and curling up tighter in the blankets.

"I will tickle you," he smiles watching her.

"Mmm daddy no," she grumbles.

"Come on, what do you want to wear?" he asks, standing up and walking to her closet. Cora following him and picking out a dress and some boots. They then head downstairs.

"Oh no mom left her phone," Cora says, picking it up and handing it to Shawn and then retrieving an apple out of the fridge. "Can we bring it to her on the way to school?"

"Well if we stop you're going to be late, so I'll take it to her after I drop you off."

Cora nods as they get in his truck, Shawn dropping Cora off and then heading to the cafe, taking a deep breath and walking in. He sees Jenna walk around, Conlan sitting in the playpen playing with some toys.

"What..." Jenna rolls her eyes, walking towards the counter, taking the tray of cupcakes off it and sliding it in the display.

"Cut the bullshit Jenna," he rolls his eyes.

"All I said was what."

"I was just bringing this to you," he slides her phone on the counter and then walking away, only to be stopped by Conlan.

"Daddy...daddy...daddy."

"Hey buddy," Shawn smiles, leaning down and picking him up and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey stranger," Bridgette, a friend of Jenna and Shawn's and an employee for Jenna, "haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah I've been a little busy," he laughs hugging her.

"It's good to see you. She hasn't been the same without you around," she nods at Jenna.

"Yeah well, that's not my fault," Shawn shrugs. "I didn't do anything, but she won't listen to me."

"What?" Bridgette looks at him oddly. "What? I meant with being on the road for baseball. What's happening?"

"This isn't the place," Shawn sighs.

"It never is," she walks off going back to work.

"You need to go..."

"It's a public place," Shawn shrugs.

"Really? Why are you acting like this?"

"Why are you acting like this?" he asks her quietly. "I've never lied to you, why would I start now?"

Jenna grabs his hand, pulling him through the cafe and into her office in the back. "I don't know, and that's what's pissing me off the most. To get away with it? To be with someone better than me? Someone sexier than me? Someone who hasn't had a kid?" she breathes deeply, trying not to cry but a few tears are coming out.

"I don't want anybody else. I want you. It's always been you and to be quite honest you having a kid makes you even more attractive to me."

"I think we should separate," Jenna blurts out, covering her mouth as soon as she says it.

Shawn looks at her shocked, stepping back and sitting on the edge of Jenna's desk. He rubs his face, the room silent. The only noise coming from the front of the glass and stuff clinking and people talking.

"So that's it?" Shawn looks at her.

"I'm sorry," she says, barely audible.

Shawn's heart shatters in his chest. "Um, I'm going to pick Cora up from school, and I'm going to take Conlan with me tonight too," he swallows hard.

"Okay," she nods before hearing her name called from the front. She walks out not saying anything else.

Shawn looks around her office, a family picture miraculously still sitting on her desk as he shakes his head and wipes his eyes, walking out and getting Conlan. "Say bye to mommy."

"Bye baby," Jenna says, kissing his cheeks. "Be good for daddy. I'll see you tomorrow," she coos, watching the only man she's been in love with walk out with her son. Taking a deep breath, her entire world shattering around her as she holds the counter and trying not to pass out or sob. Jenna leaves work early, not being able to cope.