Chapter 71

Waking up early, sitting up and running her hands through her hair she looks over and sees Shawn asleep before checking on the kids and going downstairs. Both kids miraculously still asleep as the house is quiet. She takes the time to clean up a little, even though they just got to the rental house the day before.

"Morning mom," Shawn comes down the stairs about ten minutes later, holding Conlan.

"Morning handsome," she greets watching Shawn place Conlan in the high chair and getting him some cereal before kissing her and getting a cup of coffee. He then begins on breakfast.

"What?" he looks over seeing Jenna watching him.

"Nothing..." she laughs.

"You hungry?"

Jenna nods, picking at one of Conlan's cheerios.

Cora comes down the steps as soon as he finishes cooking.

"Morning princess," Jenna looks over.

"Morning," she greets, rubbing her eyes and getting the juice out of the fridge.

"We're going to go to the beach today while daddy goes to work."

"We are?" Cora smiles.

"Mhm. We're going to leave after breakfast and be there all day."

"Yep, I'll be working all day while you guys have fun."

They sit and eat and talk a little bit more before Shawn heads upstairs to get ready. He comes back down the stairs in some sweats, and a zip-up hoodie with a duffel bag slung around his shoulder.

"Okay, I got to go."

"Good luck," she smiles, kissing him.

Shawn heads out.

Jenna finishes everything and cleaning up before getting the kids ready as they head out and go to the beach.

Getting to the locker room to get changed, not realizing that all of his teammates saw his appearance on Mindy's show, Shawn keeping to himself as he gets ready for practice.

"Busy offseason?" a teammate walks over, sitting down at his locker that is beside Shawn.

"I mean yeah pretty busy, got married, had a kid," he laughs.

"I heard. Congratulations."

"Thanks man," he smiles lacing up his cleats as the coach walks in, beginning to talk about the offseason rumors and trades and the different things that have been floating around, the coach denying it all. "So you assholes aren't letting me go?" Shawn smiles jokingly, sliding his glove underneath his armpit.

"Not that I know of. Ya never know," the coach winks.