Chapter 83

Nothing changing throughout the next few months, Shawn being gone most of it because it's the middle of the season. When he comes back to Toronto, he stays at the hotel usually, some nights crashing on the couch but they've never been further apart. Shawn has just left on a ten-day schedule, as Jenna is at work. She taps her foot on the ground nervously, knowing Shawn would have gotten the divorce papers by now as Conlan's sitting across from her, playing with some blocks. She looks up as she sees the bell ding over the door, a handsome looking guy walking in and up to the counter.

"Who owns this place?" she hears the stranger asks.

Raising an eyebrow, standing up and walking over to him. "I do."

"Well I just wanted to say you make the best damn cupcakes here all the way to the county line," he smiles. "I bought two dozen last week for my niece's birthday party, and they were a hit."

"Thank you. I'm glad everyone liked them," Jenna blushes.

"Jenna?" he looks at her name tag. "I'm Brady."

"Hi," she smiles.

"Those yours?" he nods to Cora and Conlan, taking a sip of his drink.

"Yes."

"So you're taken?"

"No...I'm not."

"Well if that's the case would you like to get dinner?"

Jenna laughs softly. "Maybe another time," she says, walking back over to sit with Cora.

"Well if you change your mind," he says walking over and handing her a card with his number on it, seeing he's an architect, "give me a call," he winks heading out.

"Who was that?" Cora asks.

"I don't know. He bought cupcakes for his niece's birthday."

"Well that was nice," Cora says.

"Yeah it was," she smirks.