Chapter 97

During the night, a huge bang and crash awaken the pair up, the noise coming from the apartment. Jenna sits up, holding the sheet to her knowing both kids are asleep, well hopefully.

Shawn groans and sits up as well, rubbing his eyes. "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know..." she looks around, grabbing his shirt from earlier off the floor and putting it on.

He grabs his pants and pulls them on, walking out of the bedroom. He walks past the kids to see they are miraculously both asleep. Stepping further out and towards the front of the apartment, he sees the front door pried open, and the table next to it knocked over.

"What the hell..." he looks around confused.

"Shawn..." Jenna says, a few steps behind him.

"Jenna go with Conlan and Cora."

She nods walking away and doing as told. Shawn flips the lights on, looking around. Everything from the night before where it was, the pizza box still on the coffee table but Shawn looks up seeing Brady walk out of the kitchen.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Brady slurs.

"What are you doing here?" Shawn asks the same question.

"Seeing Jenna," he slurs once more, extremely drunk.

"I think you need to leave man."

"You need to leave. You guys are divorced. She doesn't love you anymore," Brady says walking towards Shawn.

"We can talk about this when you've sobered up."

"JENNA!" Brady pushes past him.

"Brady," Shawn says, whipping around quick and grabbing his arm.

"Let me go!" Brady punches Shawn across the face.

"What the hell..." Jenna walks out, seeing Shawn sitting up, blood coming from his mouth and Brady standing there. She walks towards Shawn, reaching out for him but Brady grabbing her arm and pulling her back to him. "What are you doing..."

"I came to see you," Brady says, leaning down trying to kiss her.

"What...no," she pushes him back, trying to get her arm back. "You need to go."

"So you want to be with this scumbag?"

"I want you to leave. You're drunk," she says once more. They make eye contact before Brady shoves her and storms out. Jenna falls and hitting her elbow off the wall, grabbing her arm and whining out.

Once Brady storms out, Shawn walks over to Jenna. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," she says looking up at him. "Shawn..." she says running her thumb across his top lip to get some of the blood off.

"I'm okay. Can you bend it?" nodding towards her elbow.

"You look horrible," she smiles, bending it back and forth slowly. "Like my brother when you hit him."

"Comes full circle I guess," Shawn chuckles.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up," Jenna advises, standing up, linking her fingers with his and leading him into the bathroom. But of course, checking on the kids as they go.

"They could sleep through a freaking tornado I swear," Shawn chuckles seeing them both still fast asleep before walking into the bathroom.

"Sometimes it's a good thing," she smiles. "Other times they won't sleep at all," she says kicking the lid of the toilet down and having him sit there, getting a washcloth and standing between his legs wiping off his face. She holds his chin in one hand, using the other to clean at his face.

"You know you're a really good mom."

"Sometimes I guess," she laughs, looking through the first aid kit, grabbing some gel and running it across the split in his lip with the tip of her finger.

"No all the time."

"Don't wipe it off," she says, wiping her hands, tossing the washcloth in the bin and putting the first aid kit away.

"Are you sure your arm is okay?" he asks, watching her bend it farther now, it getting purple already. "Maybe we need to go get that checked out."

"I'm fine. Really, I promise."

"Okay," he smiles.

"Come on," she says, walking out and past the front door, shutting it as best she can.