Chapter 11

"Shawn's back in town," Jenna says sitting down at a restaurant, meeting Alice for dinner. She blurts it out the moment she sits.

"Hi Jenna, how are you? How was your day? Do tell me about your ex-boyfriend," she laughs.

"Fine. That was my day. He dropped her off this morning, and he's all I could think about all day."

"I bet you feel like an idiot for leaving him now."

"Alice..." she groans, holding her head in her hands.

"What?" she laughs.

"Alice he looks so good."

"Has he ever looked bad?"'

"No...but Alice...he looked good..."

"Like how? Does he have a dad bod?" Alice smirks.

"He was hot in high school but now," Jenna lets her breath out. "He's married to a model."

"And he's a professional baseball player. I guess remarkably good too."

"Yeah," Jenna smiles but then sighs. "What's he going to want with a small town teacher? What am I going to do?"

"Jenna you're not just a small town teacher. You're more than that, and you know it. But you obviously have feelings for him because your face is getting hot," she smirks.

"Shut up."

"And I hardly doubt you being a teacher is gonna matter to him. I don't think Shawn is the type of person to forget where he came from."

"The partying, models, fame and money I'm sure changed that."

"I don't think so," Alice shakes her head.

"I don't know," Jenna sighs. "I have to teach his daughter. She comes first."

"You got yourself in a pickle."

"You are not helping...at all."

Alice laughs. "I don't know. Maybe this will be good for you two. Gives you a chance to catch up on each other's lives. You can't tell me that since he's seen you, he's not thinking about you right now regardless if he's married or not. He loved you, and you just left."

Jenna gives her a look. "Do we honestly want to go there?"

Alice smirks. "Yes, we slept together I'm sorry. I don't know how many times I have to apologize to you, but it was before you and Shawn. Hell, it was before you and I," Alice says. "And I know I should have handled it a lot better than I did by blurting it out and I apologized for that too, but he didn't deserve just to be left the way you left him."

"Alice he didn't stop me. He let me go. He told me to make them proud. He never once said stay. Stay with me, don't go."

"Would you have stayed?" she asks quizzically.

That stops Jenna's thoughts. "I don't know. I mean no, probably not. But that's not the point. The point is he just let me go and didn't fight to have me stay here, and that's when I decided that was the best decision for me."

"Okay," Alice nods.