Chapter 37

"Hey cutie, sorry I missed your call yesterday," Shawn says the next morning, Cora giving him a call before his game.

"It's okay daddy. You have to play good tonight."

"You know I will try babe. Is Miss. Jenna still sad?"

"She wasn't at school today. Mrs. Nichols was our teacher."

"She wasn't?" he asks confused.

"No. Mrs. Nichols said she was sick."

"Okay, babe. Well, I need to get off here okay? I'll see you here in a couple of days?"

"Daddy, can you bring me a new teddy? I want Mr. Blue to have a friend."

"Yes, I will bring Mr. Blue a friend."

"Thank you daddy, I love you," Cora hangs up. Shawn calls Jenna once more but getting no answer. He calls Alice next.

"What?" Alice answers. "You and the Queen having trouble in paradise? Ready to move on?" she jokes.

Shawn ignores her. "Have you heard from Jenna?"

"I talked to her yesterday. She was busy planning some concert at her school."

"Cora told me she was sick. She hardly misses school, and she still goes when she's not feeling good."

"I don't know. I haven't talked to her today. You're the only one that talks to her every day," Alice laughs.

"Well, I tried calling her she didn't answer."

"I don't know Shawn. Maybe she's in the shower. Maybe she's busy. I'm sure she's fine."

"Okay," Shawn says softly. "Thanks," hanging up.