Chapter 55

Shawn and Jenna arrive back in Toronto late in the evening, falling asleep and sleeping well into the next morning. Jenna opens her eyes and notices the spot next to her is empty but placing her hand on Shawn's pillow as her ring catches the light. She gets up and makes her way downstairs, Shawn's mom and Cora sitting at the barstool eating. Shawn is in front of the stove cooking. The trio is making chit-chat.

"Morning," Jenna says sleepily, forgetting it's the weened as she moves and sits on the stool next to Cora, kissing her head.

"Good morning dear," Shawn's mom smiles.

"Morning Mrs. Rhosen."

"Oh honey stop with that Mrs. Rhosen crap," she smirks. "Call me mom."

"Morning," Jenna says, getting up and walking over to get a cup of coffee, her fingers running down Shawn's back.

"Good morning fiancé," he winks, kissing her softly. "Hungry?"

"A little," she says biting his bicep, moving and grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Well, chocolate chip pancakes per the princess over there and I'm not talking about my mom, I'm talking about the other princess."

"Good choice Cora," Jenna says, leaning up on her tiptoes to kiss Shawn on the cheek. "I'll pass, but thank you," she smiles and sitting back down.

"Do you want something else?" Shawn asks.

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay," he laughs a little making himself a couple more pancakes before sitting down and eating.

"Daddy, when do you leave?" Cora asks.

"Not till tomorrow, why?"

"I was just asking," she shrugs, continuing to shove pancakes in her mouth.