Chapter 94

Getting back to the café she walks in and immediately sees Brady, trying to talk to her. But, she ignores. "Just go please..." she pleads.

"What's a matter?" he looks at her confused.

"Nothing is the matter. Just please?"

"Okay," he sighs. "Call me," he says heading out.

Running her hands over her face, she looks over Bridgette who just walked in. "B can you go get the kids from Shawn's?"

"Um yeah?" she looks at her. "I didn't know I was your nanny service though?" she smiles.

"Shut up," Jenna smiles, going to the back to her office.

"Anything else boss lady?" she asks, following Jenna.

"No...thank you," she smiles. "I'm asking you as my friend, not your boss."

"I'll be back," she smiles heading out.

"Got everything big C?" Shawn asks carrying Conlan, Cora big C, Conlan little C. Cora sets her bag by the door, sitting on the bottom step and waiting for Jenna.

There's a knock on the door as Shawn opens it, Bridgette standing.

"Hey," she looks at Cora. "Hey princess."

"Hey," Shawn greets setting Conlan down.

"Hey buddy," Bridgette smiles, Conlan hugging her legs.

"I can't believe I'm freaking doing this," he chuckles. "Tell Jenna Cora is done with her homework and already has her reading done for the night."

"Doing what?" she laughs, picking up Conlan.

"Telling her what all Cora did."

"I don't understand."

"Quite frankly Bridgette this is all bullshit," he sighs looking at her. "Just forget I even said something."

"So win her back like you won her originally," she shrugs, not knowing their whole history.

"Punch her brother in the face so we talk again?" he laughs.

"If that's what did it. Come on princess," she smiles at Cora who's still pouting on the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asks his daughter.

"No. I don't want to go."

"Why not?" he sits down beside her.

"Because momma is supposed to come and get us. She always comes and gets us."

"Well she probably got busy at work," Shawn informs even though he knows that's not the case.

"She was here this morning, and you made her cry. What did you do?" she asks.

Shawn sighs. "I didn't do anything Cora."

"Then why can't momma come back and live here and tuck me in and read me stories?"'

"I don't know babe. Do you like Brady?"

"No."

"And why not?" he asks as Bridgette walks Conlan out to get him all settled in the car.

"I don't know. He's only nice sometimes."

"He's mean to you?"

She shrugs, not saying anything.

"Talk to me Cora."

"No daddy, I can't."

"Why not? You can tell me anything," he states as he watches his daughter stand up and lifting her shirt. A bruise on her lower back and side.

"Did he do that?" Shawn swallows hard.

"Not like, with his hand. He pushed me out of the way, and I hit the door."

"Why did he push you out of the way?"

"I don't know. I guess I was in the way."

"If he ever touches you or pushes you out of the way or anything like that again, you grab mom's phone, and you call me okay? You're not in trouble," he says leaning in and kissing her forehead.

"I didn't tell momma."

"Well, you need to okay?"

She nods just as Bridgette walks back in. "ready princess? Your momma made double chocolate chip muffins this morning."

Cora hugs her dad before heading out. Shawn's blood boiling.