Chapter 59

Already spending a couple of hours in the hospital, making sure everything checks out with both Cora and Jenna, Cora has fallen asleep in the hospital couch, both changed and out of their blood-soaked clothes.

"Come here," Shawn motions for Jenna as she walks over, Shawn wrapping his arms around her and resting his ear against her flat stomach.

"I don't think you can hear anything yet," she laughs, her hands resting on his head, running her fingers through his longish hair since he's let it grow a little.

"I don't care," he says closing his eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Shawn..." she smirks at him.

"Don't smirk, you better get used to that question," he chuckles letting go of her and pulling away, running a hand through his hair.

"You need a haircut."

"No, I don't," running his hands through it.

"Okay you don't," she says keeping her eyes on him right as the doctor walks in.

"Everything has checked out; you are free to go home. I need your signature on these papers for me," he smiles.

Shawn watches her get up and walk towards him, the doctor being about Shawn's size, Shawn seeing an idea of what he and Jenna look like next to each other-her size usually dwarfing his. The doctor walks out a few seconds later.

"Are you that much shorter than me?"

"I've been shorter than you since we were seven."

"I know, but I obviously can't see us standing side by side and noticing the difference. You're freaking short," he chuckles, Jenna's 5'2 frame compared to Shawn's 6'4.

"Mhm," she rolls her eyes.

"Do you want a bath or anything?" Shawn asks after taking Cora up to her room once they arrive home.

"Mmm maybe," she smiles, leaning against him, her fingers running up and down his back under his shirt. "It's been a long day."

"Well come on," he says, sliding his hand in hers and making their way to the bathroom as they walk in, Shawn leaning down and beginning to run the water.

"I'm still more than capable of running myself a bath," she says watching him turn on the huge clawfoot tub she wanted.

"Yeah I know, but I want too."

"Thank you," she nods.

"You're welcome," he smiles standing back up straight.

"You ready to be a dad again?" she asks, climbing into the tub.

"Of course," he nods. "Feel good?"

"Mhm very," she says.

"Do you need anything else?" he asks, sliding his hands in his pockets.

"Are you waiting for an invite?" she laughs.

"No, I was asking. I am your slave," he winks.

"Don't go saying things you aren't going to mean."

"Oh I mean it baby."

"Come in," she sits up.

Shawn pulls off his shirt and unbuttoning his jeans before climbing into the tub with her, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her shoulder blade before leaving his lips there.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner..."

"Tell me what? That you're pregnant?"

"Yeah," she says leaning back against his shoulder.

"No, it's fine."

"Okay," she says.

"Do you want a boy or girl?"

"Well I've already had my girl, so I wouldn't mind a boy, you?"

"It doesn't matter to me. I'd like a baby Shawn though; he was cute back in the day."

"Was huh?" Shawn smirks. "I'm always cute."

"Mhm. He had a dorky little toothless smile after getting hit with a hockey stick."

"I still hate that kid," Shawn chuckles. "Billy Stevens," he shakes his head.

"I know that. He was cute."

"Mhm, but look who you ended up with."

"Because he got Kim pregnant in like ninth grade."

"And she's psycho."

"All the guys loved her," Jenna laughs.

"Uh, not this guy."

"Mhm sure. You loved her."

"Not as much as I loved you," Shawn says, leaning over and kissing her lips deeply.

"Suck up," Jenna says leaning over to kiss him again right as they hear a scream. "What the hell..."

Shawn springs out of the tub and grabs a towel and wrapping it around him, not completely dry as he sprints out of the room. When he walks into his daughter's room he sees her sitting up in bed, sobbing.

"What's wrong babe?" Shawn asks.

"I thought you were gone."

"No I'm here babe," he reassures his daughter, sitting down on the bed and wrapping his arm around her.

"You okay princess?" Jenna asks, standing in the doorway holding the towel around her.

"Yeah," she says softly, Shawn kissing the top of her head.

"Were you thinking about today?" Jenna asks the little girl.

"Yeah."

"Are you scared?"

Cora nods.

"I am too," Jenna says walking in. "But your daddy and me, we'll never let anything happen to you."

"And I will never let anything happen to you two," Shawn says, hugging them both. "Love you kid," he says hugging her once more.

"I love you too," she says.

"Lay down princess," Jenna says, handing her the teddy bear and tucking her in. "We're right down the hall okay?"

Cora nods as the two head back to their room.

"It's gonna be rough for a bit," Jenna sighs, the two climbing into bed after getting dressed.

"Yeah, it is," Shawn sighs.

"She's her daddy's daughter. She'll be okay," she nods watching Shawn. "A boy...I want a boy," she says quietly.

"She talks," Shawn laughs kissing her forehead as the pair fall asleep quickly.