Chapter 7

"Jenna's transferring," Mack walks into the locker room a couple of days later, he changes quickly already being late.

"What do you mean she's transferring?"

"Couple weeks ago. She got early acceptance. She's finishing her credits there."

"You're kidding me?"

Mack shrugs. "She was going to stay, but now I guess she's going."

"Damn it," Shawn mumbles, changing out of his practice clothes and back into his school clothes. Once getting a guy to vouch for him, he gets in his car and heads to Jenna's. He pulls up a few minutes later, boxes and bags in the back of the back of Jenna's jeep, her parents still in Surrey. "Jenna?" he walks into the house.

She comes down the stairs carrying a laundry basket. "What are you doing here?"

"Why are you transferring?" he asks, ignoring her question.

"I have enough credits to graduate technically, so I am. I got early acceptance to McMaster, so I'm going. Why do you even care?" she walks past him, bringing the basket out to her car.

"Will you stop with the bitchy attitude?" Shawn follows her.. "You're seriously acting like this because your brother and I got into a tiny altercation? Like seriously? I care about you, and you know that. What happened to the Jenna that I fell in love with?"

"Nothing happened to her," Jenna shakes her head, walking back inside and up to her room. "I'm not mad Shawn. I'm fine. It's no big deal. If you loved me you should be happy for me," she says, putting some things from her dresser into a box--pictures, shells, random things she's collected through the years.

He leans against the doorframe watching her. "I'm proud of you Jenna," he says softly.

"Then act like it," she fires back in a voice that she never uses on him--it's not angry or mad, or even sad, but almost an intimate voice. "Here," she walks over, handing him a purple rock that's almost in the shape of a heart--the one Shawn gave her when he first told her he loved her, grabbing the box and walking out and to her car.

"Jenna wait!" Shawn says, rock in hand.

"What?" she asks, shutting the hatch.

"I don't want it," he says softly, sticking it in her front pocket. "I gave it to you for a reason," he says leaning down and kissing her softly, sliding his hands on her neck and kissing her immediately. "Go make everybody proud."

She nods, getting in her jeep and driving away.