Chapter 70

"Momma, why do you have daddy's number on you?" Cora asks as the little family is on their way home.

"Yeah, mom?" Shawn smirks.

"Because I'm silly and made a mistake," Jenna reaches back to tickle Cora.

"So that's a mistake huh?" Shawn asks.

"What?" she looks at him.

"That tattoo..."

"Yeah, it was."

"Okay," he nods his head as he continues to drive.

"Just because it was a mistake doesn't mean I don't mean it," she looks at him.

"When did you get it?" he asks, hearing Cora talk to her baby brother.

"Like...a year ago."

"Mistake huh?" he asks again.

"Maybe..." she smiles.

"Why is it a mistake?"

"Because I hate tattoos and needles and it was pointless," she laughs softly.

"You're talking to a guy who has multiple."

"You know what I mean."

"Come on big guy," Jenna says lifting Conlan and bouncing him up and down as she walks to his room to get him ready for bed. Shawn sits on the bed and looks at the TV mounted on the wall.

"Daddy?" he hears Cora, looking over and seeing her poke her head in.

"Hey," he smiles, patting the spot beside him.

"Yeah?" she comes over and crawls up next to him, sitting between his legs. "Where's Jenna?"

"She went to put Conlan to bed."

Cora wrinkles her nose. "I want her to read me a story."

"Not your old man?" he asks, pretending to be appalled.

Cora shakes her head no and crawls off the bed to find her.

Jenna walking in about five minutes later. "Hey, did you read Cora a bedtime story?"

"I went into but she was asleep, so I just tucked her in," Jenna says climbing in the bed.

"Oh okay. I think that kid likes you more than me now," he laughs.

"I think a lot of people do," she smirks, shutting her eyes.

"Wow that hurts," he smiles, flipping through the channels before stopping on ESPN to catch some quick highlights and recaps.

"Shut up," Jenna rolls her eyes and kicks his leg, "I'm joking. I like you," she smiles listening to the highlights as she lays there. The broadcaster is talking about a few offseason trades and how spring training starts tomorrow. They start talking about trade rumors and Shawn's name comes up.

"Biggest trade rumor to start this week is Shawn Rhosen. He's played nine years with the Blue Jays, having some great years, but the Blue Jays are interested in developing a younger team this year and are looking to develop some players," the broadcaster says.

"Well shit," Shawn laughs.

"What..." she says softly.

"I just wasn't expecting that."

"Do you think they'll trade you?"

"If they're smart no."

"But will they?"

"I honestly can't answer that."