Chapter 53

They land in Detroit and arrive at their hotel. The pair checks in and gets situated in the room when Shawn hears a knock on the hotel door. When he opens it, he finds Stephanie standing in the hall.

"Hey," he smiles at her, "come in. Hey Jenna," he calls out.

"Yeah?" she walks out in the direction of the bathroom.

"This is Stephanie, my publicist. Stephanie, this is Jenna, my girlfriend."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," she smiles, shaking Stephanie's hand.

"You're the infamous Jenna. It's nice to meet you too."

"I don't know if I'm infamous," Jenna chuckles softly.

"How much he talks about you when we are talking, I beg to differ."

Jenna looks over at Shawn.

"Good things I promise," he shrugs.

"I'm sure they are. I can't think of a time where he's ever said anything bad about me."

"True," Shawn nods.

"You two talk," Jenna says, running her hand down his arm before disappearing into the bathroom.

"Well isn't she sweet."

"That's my girl."

"Are you ready to play tonight?"

"I am, very much so."

"I wanted to check in and see how you were feeling and how you're settling in."

Yep, just ready to play and get back out on the field," he smiles.

"Perfect. Good luck," she smiles, heading out. About that same time, Jenna steps out of the suitcases and kneels on the floor next to their bags, looking through clothes.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Looking for something to wear to bed."

"Do you want to order some room service?" Shawn asks, grabbing the menu and flopping down. "Yes? No?"

"Yes," Jenna nods, crawling onto the bed and lying flat on her stomach with her feet in the air, her elbow resting on his torso with her head in her hand.

"What do you want?"

"What is there?"

"There's burgers, steak, fries, salad, anything you can think of really," he answers, sliding a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Surprise me."

Sitting up, Shawn takes the phone off the cradle and dials the room service number, waiting for someone to pick up. Jenna leans up and plants a kiss on his lips.

"Room service how can I help you?"

"Yeah, I would like to order two burgers well done with all the condiments on the side, an order of loaded fries and some strawberries and chocolate."

"And whipped cream and champagne," Jenna mumbles in his ear.

"And can I add whip cream and champagne to that too?"

"Yes sir, would you like the wedding package? It includes roses?"

"Get off the phone," Jenna shifts, straddling his leg and whispering into his ear.

"Uh yeah sure."

"Yes sir, it will be up soon."

"I saw about fifteen minutes," Shawn states, replacing the phone on the cradle. His eyes meet Jenna's.

"Then we don't have a lot of time do we?" she grins seductively.

"Looks that way."

Twenty minutes later, they hear a knock on the door. Shawn gets up, pulling on his sweats and opening the door. A younger man stands behind a cart with everything that was ordered.

"Sir," the young man nods.

"Thanks man, just bring it in," Shawn instructs, stepping back to allow the kid in. Picking his wallet up from the table in the room, Shawn pulls out a $100 bill and handing it over.

"Thank you," the young man nods, taking the money. "Do you, could I get an autograph instead?"

A smile stretches across Shawn's face. "No, you keep the money man. I'll do you one better and get you an autograph as well."

"Thank you sir."

Stepping over to his suitcase, retrieving a photo of himself Shawn signs it and hands it over to the starstruck teenager in front of him.

"Have a good day Mr. Rhosen, thanks!" the kid exclaims.

Shutting the door behind him, Shawn walks back into the room, and they both dig into their order of burgers and shared order of loaded fries.

"You okay?" he asks, seeing Jenna picking at her food.

"Yeah why?" she shrugs, popping a fry into her mouth.

"Just wondering."

"I'm fine. It's been a long day. Are you ready to play tomorrow?"

"I am," he nods.

"What time do you have to leave to get to the stadium?"

"I'll probably leave about twelve-thirty," he answers, taking another monstrous bite of his burger. "Are you ready to cheer me on?"

"Always."