Chapter 50

"Ready daddy..." Cora walks out with her bag and her bear, getting ready to head back to Toronto.

"I'm ready," he says, grabbing both of their bags. "We have to pick Jenna up," he says. Cora hugs her grandma and so does Shawn as they then get in the truck and make their way to Jenna's apartment. Once arriving, Cora gets out and runs up, buzzing up to her apartment approximately ten times.

"Babe you don't have to ring it that many times," he laughs.

"Hi there," Jenna smiles, carrying her bag and smiling at the two of them. She runs her hand over Cora's head, leaning up and kissing Shawn softly.

"You ready to go?" he asks, taking her bag.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." he smiles, moving her bag into the truck. They make their way to the airport. "We board in about twenty minutes," Shawn says, handing the plane ticket to Jenna, holding onto his and Cora's. They make their way through security.

"I'm going to go grab a coffee and something to eat."

"Okay, need me to go with you?" Shawn asks, Cora on his phone playing a game.

"Do you want anything?"

"An ice water would be good?" Shawn smiles, kissing her cheek.

"Hey...you on the phone...you want anything?" she asks Cora.

"No thank you," she smiles shaking her head. Jenna nods, running her hand over Shawn's shoulder and walking away. She comes back just as everyone is boarding, handing him a bottle of water as they board. Cora and Shawn sit down, Jenna in the row behind.

"Where are we staying when we get there..." Jenna asks, running her fingers up and down his bicep as the plane takes off.

"I rented a townhouse right outside Toronto."

"Sounds fancy," she smiles.

"You alright?" he asks, patting her leg.

"Mhm," she smiles, leaning back and sliding her headphones in.

They land, getting in the rental car as they make their way to the townhouse. "Ready for a new house?" Shawn asks, looking back at his daughter.

"Yeah!" she smiles as Shawn drives, arriving about twenty minutes later. They walk in, a three bedroom and two bathroom townhouse with a huge open living room and kitchen and big backyard. Cora runs around looking at everything as Jenna walks around, looking at different things.

"Welcome kinda home," Shawn laughs, wrapping his arms around her.

"I guess until we find something," she says, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning into him.

"Let me run you a nice hot bath, and I'll get Cora settled okay?" he offers.

Jenna turns and smiles at him, running her hand down his chest as she leans up and kisses him softly, walking towards the backyard and out, looking around.

"What's she doing..." Cora asks, standing beside her dad. Both watching Jenna admire the back side of the house.

"I don't know sweetheart, just taking it all in I guess."

Cora shrugs, making her way to her room and unpacking some stuff to sleep in and her sheets, Shawn helping her make her bed as she sits on it and watches a movie. "I'll be downstairs okay?" he says, kissing her forehead and walking back downstairs to find Jenna. "You ready for that bath yet?"

"Mhm," she looks over. "This place is nice Shawn," she smiles. She walks around the upstairs, looking around, checking on Cora before walking into the big master suite. Shawn sheds his jacket, tossing it on the chair in the bedroom. "This room is huge," she smiles looking around, looking into the closets.

"Yeah it's huge," he smiles walking into the bathroom to get the water going.

She hears the water, taking her jacket off and hanging it on one of the hooks on the closet door, shutting the bedroom door and taking off her jeans and hoodie, leaving them on the floor. She makes her way to the bathroom.

"Hey..." she walks in, sliding her hand down the back of his arm.

"Hey," he turns, stopping the water, the right temperature and the right amount in the tub. Shawn watches her undress. "What..." she looks at him.

"Nothing..." he says softly.

"No...you have that look on your face."

"I'm just glad you're here."

Jenna smiles, sinking into the tub.

"Do you want some company?"

"In the bathtub?"

"Yes," he laughs.

"Sure," she smiles.

Shawn pulls his shirt off and unzipping his jeans and pulling them down and then getting in behind her, Jenna moving forward so he can get in before leaning back against him. He wraps his arms around her and resting his cheek on her head, closing his eyes, silence.

"When do you fly to Detroit?" she asks, running her fingers up and down his arms, tracing the veins in them.

"I think we're leaving at the end of this week."

"Can I go?" she asks, leaning her head back against his shoulder.

"Of course you can."

"Thanks."

"So I met my new publicist when I was in LA."

"Yeah? Are they good?"

"Yeah, she's pretty cool. A step up from Tade."

"Oh...it's a she..." she lets her fingers trace little pictures on his arms.

"That's not gonna be a problem, is it?"

"No," she says quietly, leaning her head back against him, shutting her eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. I'm positive."

"I'm seriously glad you're here."

"Really?" she says, running her thumb down his jawline.

"Really really."

"I love you," she smiles.

"I love you too."