Chapter 47

Early the next morning, at the studio, Shawn hears Stephanie walk in, her heels clicking against the floor just like Jenna's do when she wears them. She smiles at Shawn.

"Alright, so I talked to the photographer and editor. They want to do a story on you for the centerfold," she smiles.

"I thought I was only supposed to get like a little article?"

"They asked if you could be centerfold instead in the body shoot. I said yes. I didn't think you'd mind."

Shawn smiles, liking her tenacity. "I don't," he shakes his head but stopping what he's about to say next as he hears a familiar voice.

Janelle.

"Oh you're in this too?" Janelle laughs softly.

"You're freaking kidding me," Shawn sighs, putting on a smile and turning to face her.

"The only non-athlete in it," Janelle smiles.

"Why are you even here?" he asks her.

"Oh you haven't heard? Of course, you haven't, you've been in the mountains playing house," she smiles.

"Babe come on," Shawn hears as he looks over seeing the center fielder for the Blue Jays walking over, a rookie.

"You're shitting me, right?" Shawn laughs.

Janelle just smiles, kissing his cheek before walking away, taking the rookie's hand and leading him into a dressing room.

"Um wow," Shawn says a little shocked.

"You need to get ready," Stephanie says, nodding to a dressing room.

"Uh yeah," Shawn laughs, "let's get this over with."

"Hair and makeup are in there," she nods, pointing to the dressing room once more.

"Thanks," he nods walking to the dressing room.

"Hi, I'm Sonia," the girl in the dressing room smiles. She begins fluffing his hair, touching him up a bit with some makeup. "Alright, you can leave your clothes in here," nodding to a robe and walking out so Shawn can get undressed.

Smirking, Shawn stands up, getting completely naked and pulling on the robe and walking out.

"Hi Shawn. Are you ready?" the photographer smiles.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Shawn says walking over.

"Alright, you can drop the robe."

Shawn nods, never being into the nude kind of thing as he pulls off the robe, a crew member taking it from him. He notices the photographer looks him up and down, handing him a baseball bat.

"Alright, stand on that X and hold it straight out in front of you up and down so it covers, well you know," she laughs and steps back off the set. Shawn takes the bat, swinging it a little slowly then holding it out as instructed.

She tilts her head, "down a little bit please," she says, taking a few more pictures as he moves it. She sits down on the ground about three feet in front of Shawn, "Alright keep it there, but can you flex your arms and abs for me?" she asks, continuing to snap pictures. "Perfect...hold that," as she takes a few more pictures, "switch arms."

After about ten minutes of being eyed over, they finish up. "Okay Shawn, you can put the robe back on for now."

"How do they look?" he asks, pulling the robe on and walking to the monitor. The man behind the computer monitor begins to flip through them, Shawn seeing the pictures, admiring his own self, the black background making him stand out, seeing all the muscles and veins popping out. "Yep, they look good," he smirks, looking through the rest of them.