Chapter 10

At the end of the school day, Shawn gets to the elementary school and knocks on the door, Jenna looking up from her desk.

"Hey," she greets.

"Daddy!" Cora exclaims.

"Hey munchkin," he steps in.

"I'm almost done," Cora informs, going back to work as Jenna motions to the chairs in the room for him to sit down.

"You can sit and wait if you'd like," Jenna offers. "She looks just like you."

"Yeah poor girl," Shawn grins.

"Mhm," Jenna smiles a little. "How dare she have a smile that will get her anything she wants in life."

Shawn can't help but laugh, but his lips curl into a smile.

"Mhm, that one," she nods then peering back down at her papers.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. You?"

"I'm okay."

"I guess congratulations are in order?" she nods to his wedding ring. "I hear you made pro and got married, a model? Good for you," Jenna smiles.

"Yeah thanks," he nods.

"You're welcome," she nods as Cora walks over handing Jenna her booklet. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"You're welcome," Cora smiles.

"You ready to go?" Shawn asks. "Grandma's anxious to have you back home."

"Bye Miss. Jenna."

"Bye Cora. We'll see you tomorrow morning," Jenna waves and smiles at Shawn, "bye Shawn."

"Bye Miss. Jenna," Shawn winks and waves at her as they head out.

"Gramma, Gramma! My teacher is soooo nice and so pretty. She's like an angel. You need to come meet her," Cora smiles sitting down at the barstool and eating her snack of sliced apples and peanut butter.

"Oh really? An angel huh? Shawn, did you hear that? Her teacher is an angel."

"Mhm. What's her name baby?" Shawn asks her.

"Daddy, you know her name," she giggles.

"I know, but I want you to tell Grandma."

"Her name is Miss. Jenna Grandma and she's soooo nice."

"As in Jenna McNight," Shawn smirks.

"Oh...that's nice dear," his mom smiles. "Small world huh?"

"You're not very good at lying mom," Shawn grins. "How come you didn't tell me?"

"Cora sweetheart go outside and play for a little while it's nice out," she instructs, the little girl doing precisely what she's told. "Does it matter?" she asks as soon as the little one is out of range. "You've married Shawn."

"Don't pull the I'm married card mom," he gives her a look.

"I'm not. That ring on your finger is. You had your chance with her. I don't know what happened. I never asked, and you never told. I do know that she was the best thing that happened to you and you were destroyed when she left for school."

"Well she looked good," Shawn grins at the mental image.

"I'm sure she did. She always did. I thought of her this morning as soon as Cora came out. I almost told you this morning."

"Because Cora was wearing an outfit identical to what Jenna was wearing our first day of school senior year?"

"Because Jenna was the sundress and boot princess," his mom smiles. "Don't tell me you didn't think of it too."

"Oh, I did. Everything could have been so different."

"Might not have had that one if they were," his mom pats his shoulder nodding to Cora who's chasing a butterfly outside, giggling.

"I know."

"Can I come in now? Are you and Grandma done talking?"

"Yes we're done talking," he smiles lifting her.