Chapter 69

Jenna is sitting on one of the chairs with Conlan leaning back against her, almost asleep as Cora is sitting next to Jenna reading a book to Conlan and her. Mindy, the host of the show, walks up talking loudly, stopping Cora and waking up Conlan. The baby starts to fuss. Mindy rambling on about how cute their family is and how she can't wait to talk to all the family on the air.

"Mindy it's just going to be Cora and I," Shawn smiles.

"It will be all of us," Jenna speaks up. Mindy practically runs off, Jenna and Shawn assuming to find Janelle.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"Yes," she says softly.

"Okay," he smiles leaning down and kissing her softly. The producer walks over.

"Alright, so Shawn it's going to be you first and then you and Janelle, and then we are going to take Janelle off and bring Miss. Cora. Then, it's going to be you, Janelle, and Jenna and then we will finish the show with your family."

"Okay," Shawn nods. The producer walks away as Jenna wipes her lipstick off Shawn's lips with her thumb. "I love you. You know that right?"

"I know," she says softly.

Shawn watches as she sits down and messes with Conlan, shaking his head. The show begins as Mindy does her opening line for the show and talking about some other topics and then describing Shawn and his many achievements. Shawn hears his name as he walks out onto the stage, live studio audience clapping and cheering in the distance.

"How are you doing?" Mindy asks, getting the show started.

"I'm doing well. Jenna and I just had a little boy not too long ago, so we're pretty happy, yourself?"

"Good good," she smiles. "How's the season going?"

"Well it's spring training, but that starts here in a couple of days."

"I bet you're excited for the season to start."

"Oh yes very, I'm ready to play some baseball consecutively," Shawn chuckles.

"I bet," Mindy nods. "Let's talk about your relationship with Cora's mother, Janelle."

"It's your show," Shawn smirks.

"Right," Mindy looks down at her notes.

"How is your relationship with Janelle?"

"Um, I don't have a relationship with her," Shawn answers.

"When was the last time you've seen her?"

"Psh," Shawn lets out a deep breath. "It's been a while."

"Well do you mind if I bring her out here?"

Shawn chuckles and shrugs. "As I said, it's your show, your rules," he smiles.

"Alright," she nods. Janelle joins them on stage and plopping down right beside him. "You two make a great couple," Mindy says.

"Yeah we tried that, it didn't work out that way," Shawn answers making brief eye contact with Janelle and then looking back at Mindy.

"Right," Mindy laughs softly.

"Yeah well you see here Mindy we tried to make it work. Well, I tried to make it work, but I was done trying when I found out that he was cheating on me with Jenna."