Chapter 64

"I'm trying to find you a flight," Shawn's agent says, looking through her phone for a Red Eye flight for him to get back home. "Most are grounded due to the storm and the weather coming."

"Shit," Shawn sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm trying hard. I'll do my best," she says, walking off to do work.

Since Shawn is in New York City for a broadcasting gig, the guys on the panel look at him since he will be going on air in a few minutes. "You okay?" one guy asks.

"Um my baby is coming I think," Shawn smiles.

"Congratulations man. That's awesome. Do you need to go?"

"Yeah, probably but all the planes are grounded. There's too much snow."

"That sucks. I'm sure they'll find something," one guy says as the producer comes out and motions for the show to start as it begins. Shawn sits there, waiting for them to include him in the conversation. The show is going off without a hitch. Shawn looks down at his phone on the table, seeing Jenna's picture and her name popping up on the phone, looking back at the guys. One motioning for him to take it. Doing just that, Shawn stands up and makes his way off the stage and behind the cameras, answering the phone call.

"Hello?" he answers expecting to hear Jenna's voice but detecting Cora's instead.

"Daddy it's me, Cora."

"Hi babe. How's Jenna?"

"She's okay. She's asleep. The doctor said something about it going to be a while, so he gave her something to sleep."

"Okay, that's good. What are you doing? Will you keep me updated?"

"I'm watching you on TV daddy," he hears her smile on the other end. "I like your tie," she says, his tie covered in baseballs. "Yes, I will keep you updated."

"Okay, I got to go. I love you. Take care of Jenna."

"I will daddy. Love you," Cora says hanging up the phone. Shawn walks back on the stage, the show at a commercial.

"She alright? You get a flight?" one of the guy's asks.

"That was my daughter that time telling me she sees me on TV," Shawn chuckles, taking a sip of his water.

"That's sweet."

"Yeah, she's a sweet kid."