Chapter 2

He knows he shouldn't lie to his mom. He knows it's wrong but Jenna home alone? That's something he can't miss out on. He pulls up to her house approximately fifteen minutes later, stopping at a few places along the way.

"Where are you parents?" Shawn asks, greeted at the door by Jenna.

"They went to Surrey for a tractor show. Why?"

"Are they coming home tonight?" he asks, sliding his arms around her.

Jenna shrugs. "I don't know," leaning up and kissing him. "Why? Do you want to leave?"

"No of course not," he shakes his head, Jenna grabbing his hand and leading him to her room. "I just don't want your dad to come at me with a baseball bat when he finds me at his house without him there," he smirks.

Rolling her eyes, "he is not going to attack you with a baseball bat," she says pushing her bedroom door open.

"Where's Mack?" he asks, following her inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Why does it matter?" she asks, crashing her lips with his before he can say anything.

Laying in Jenna's bed, she curls into his side. "Your mom is never going to let you stay with Mack again."

He kisses her forehead. "That won't stop me," Shawn smirks. "So? How was it? Your first time?"

"Good," she says softly.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, it's stupid," she says, running her fingers over his stomach.

"No, talk to me."

"Was I okay?"

"Um, why would you ask me that?"

Jenna blushes bright red. "Because you've done it before. Maybe they were better," she says feeling self-conscious since it wasn't Shawn's first time unlike hers.

"Hey, look at me. You were great," he smiles watching her get up, pulling on some clothes and heading out to the kitchen--leaving Shawn laying in the bed.

"Jenna? Mack?" Jenna hears her parents from the kitchen.

"In here!" she calls out. "Mack went to the lake with his friends, and Shawn stayed here last night."

Her mom sighs. "Jenna you know how I feel about that."

"I know mom and that's why I'm telling you before you find out. He stayed in Mack's room until this morning when Mack left and now he's in mine," she says taking a sip of her coffee. "Nothing happened. We slept."

"Okay fine. When did your brother leave?"

"He said he was leaving around seven to make it to the lake early."

"Hey Jenna do you think we should clean the sh--oh hi Mrs. McNight," Shawn says just in his boxer briefs.

Her mom nods then walks out of the kitchen, patting Shawn's shoulder when she walks by.

He looks at Jenna. "Well, that was awkward."

Jenna slides on the barstool. "You walked into her kitchen in boxer briefs. What did you want her to do?"

"I also mentioned about cleaning your sheets," Shawn smirks.

"I know," she grins. "I think she was more preoccupied with the sexy half-naked person in her kitchen."

Her dad walks in from the garage.

"Hey dad."

"Good morning sir," Shawn nods.

He looks at Shawn before walking out of the kitchen as well.

Jenna laughs. "You're just upsetting everyone this morning, aren't you?"

"Not you. I think maybe I should head home."

"I thought your mom wanted you home by noon?" she smiles, lowering her hands down his sides.

"You're playing a dangerous game Miss. McNight."

"Well you created a monster Mr. Rhosen," she winks.

Shawn smiles, "I got to go," he steps away and back upstairs to get dressed.

"So school starts Wednesday," Jenna says, following him into the bedroom.

"I know, Senior year. You ready?"

"I think so," she smiles.

"I'm ready. Then it's off to college, and we can move away from here."

"Yeah, move away."

"What's wrong?" he looks at her.

"Nothing," she gives a smile. "You better go before your mom comes over here," Jenna says, Shawn buckling his jeans.

"I love you," he says, kissing her deeply and walking out. He gets out of his car, getting in and making the drive back to his house. Shawn knowing full well his mother is not going to be very happy with him.

"Well," his mom says as he walks up the steps once he arrives.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear the alarm go off."

"Your coach called wondering why you weren't at practice. Shawn what is happening with you? School hasn't even started yet and you're missing practice and staying at Jenna's with her when I specifically asked you to be home by lunch. It's quarter till four and you were supposed to be home by noon."

"It was one practice mom."

"Shawn Rhosen don't you dare."

"Don't I dare what?"

"Speak with me like this is my fault. You haven't missed a practice in six years and you missed it to what? Sleep with some girl who you won't stay with after this year? You'd ruin your future for her?"

"Wow where is this coming from?" Shawn laughs. "You love Jenna."

"I do, but I love you more. You are my son. I want what's best for you. You have the chance to do anything, sports included and I don't want you wasting any of those opportunities on a girl."

"I'm not wasting those opportunities mom. She knows where I stand."

"Does she? No going out this week," his mother says sternly.

Shawn takes a deep sigh. "Can she come over here?"

"No. You'll go to practice and school. That's it."

Shawn doesn't say a word, walking up the steps and texting Jenna.

"I'm grounded," he sends.

"What for?"

"For being late and missing practice."

"Oh...so you aren't going to the beach party tomorrow?"

"I'm not allowed to go out. I mean I can ask her but it might be pushing it."

"It's fine, school starts in two days anyway. You'll see everyone there."

"Yeah but I wanted to go to that party with you."

"I know. There'll be other parties. Homecoming is in like a month anyways."

"And you'll be homecoming queen and I'll watch you walk with another dude. ;)"

"Mhm," she texts back.