Chapter 93

Early the next morning, not having slept well, Jenna makes her way downstairs to the café as she usually works when she is upset. That ends in her making a ton of things she doesn't typically make, very specialty items and putting them in the case. She's moving around the café, not opening for a few more minutes as she takes a sip of her coffee, turning up the TV since it's always on ESPN when she's there, and it's not open. Shawn's face flashing across the screen, his baseball picture with his Blue Jays hat on.

"And in baseball news this morning, it has been confirmed by the Toronto Blue Jays publicist that star player Shawn Rhosen has decided to put an end to his very long and successful baseball career," the lady states, cutting to an interview with Shawn. "Yeah I've just come to the conclusion that you know my daughter is getting ready to turn nine and I still have time with her you know when she gets to be a teenager," he says making a face to the camera. "And you know not only that, but I do have a little boy who just turned one, and I want to be there more and see him a lot more than what I did with my first. I feel this is kind of my redemption. Just focus on the family. I've, I've had a good run," Shawn smiles, the segment cuts back to the woman reporting. "Sources have also confirmed that Shawn is legally divorced from his previous wife Jenna McNight and Shawn had no comments to maybe that affecting the decision. We wish you all the luck Shawn," the segment continuing.

"What the hell..." Jenna says grabbing her keys off the counter, locking up the shop and getting in her car to drive to Shawn's. Once she pulls up, she pounds on the door.

Shawn opening it a few minutes later, shirtless with sweatpants on. "Jenna?" he looks at her confused.

"Are you out of your mind?" she walks in.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, shutting the door behind her.

"Retiring?" she looks at him, crossing her arms.

"What about it?" he counters, walking back to the kitchen.

"Why? Since when have you wanted to retire by thirty?"

"Since I had two kids."

"You never said anything about it."

Shawn shrugs. "I didn't think you would have cared."

"I meant when we were together."

"Honestly I've been thinking about it. I thought about it before we got divorced."

"Then why didn't you say anything!" she says loudly. "I swear to God Shawn it's like you keep everything inside and once it happens no one else is taken into consideration except you."

"And what were you going to say?" he yells back. "Congratulations? But I still don't believe anything you say so I'm going to go file for divorce? That was a big F you to me Jenna," he steps closer.

She steps back a little out of fear, them not yelling at each other like they since they were teenagers. "Why did you even go to a strip club?" she asks quietly.

Shawn taking a deep breath, turning the stove off. "The guys wanted to go out, blow off some steam and just get out of the hotel room."

"And you going there was a big F you to me," she says quietly. "Most of your team is single and are jackasses when it comes to women which is probably why they are single."

"Yeah," he laughs a little. "I agree."

"You decided to go there. This isn't all on me."

"And like I told you, and like you just found out, I didn't do anything."

"What do you want me to say? That I made a mistake? That I ruined everything?"

"I didn't say that."

"That I destroyed both of our lives and our family?" she looks at him, tears starting to run down her cheeks.

"I retired yes because of my kids and for us."

"For me?"

"For us," he nods.

"We aren't even an us anymore."

"That doesn't mean we can't be an us again."

"What? There isn't us Shawn."

"There could be."

Her lips turn into a smile. "I don't think there can be."

"And why not?"

"Because we just got divorced."

"People get re-married."

"Shawn...I don't want to get re-married."

"I'm not saying tomorrow."

"No...never," she walks past him towards the door.

"So you want to be with Brady?"

"I didn't say that either. It shouldn't matter to you who I want to be with."

"You barely know him Jenna."

She laughs softly. "That is what dating is about-getting to know someone. I'm sorry I haven't known him since I was five and he gave my brother a bloody nose for us to meet," she sighs. "You don't get a say in who I date."

"There was a lot of blood," he chuckles.

"What do you have against him? He's never done anything to you. He's never done anything to anyone. Is this because Conlan hugged him in the café the other day?"

"Honestly I don't know what to think about that. He already knows them?"

"He's met them in the café and has had lunch with them."

Shawn nods, sighing a little.

"What..." she says softly.

"That's quick that's all."

"It's been six months."

"I'm just saying," he shrugs.

"Saying what?"

"It's quick."

Jenna rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Good luck in your retirement," she walks out, heading to the car.