Chapter 61

It's been a few months, Jenna now about six months pregnant, just starting to show a bump. Shawn being home more often has helped ease Cora, especially in a new grade since they've just started a new year, the little girl in Grade 4 now. Jenna is still teaching the older kids at her K-12 school despite everything that's happened. Jenna and Cora are just coming home from school on Friday, it is the end of September since Shawn, and the Blue Jays barely missed out on the playoffs. The girls walk into the house and immediately smell dinner, eyeing Shawn singing along to the radio in the kitchen cooking, not hearing the pair come in. Jenna immediately gives her phone to Cora to record.

"Daddy..." Cora giggles, still holding up the phone, "this is going to get a million hits on YouTube."

Shawn looks back and sees caught. "More like two million," he winks at her and then up at Jenna. "How was school?"

"Good," she answers, climbing onto one of the barstools at the island, eating one of the gummy bears out of the bowl. "The principal gave Jenna an award today."

"You squealer," Jenna smirks, setting her purse on the counter.

"Award huh? Prettiest pregnant woman in the world?" he smiles, leaning over and sliding his hand on her lower back and kissing her temple

"Hardly," Jenna rolls her eyes, eating one of the gummy bears as well.

"No for being brave and saving all the kids in her class," Cora answers.

"That's great babe," Shawn says going back to the food.

"I guess..." Jenna looks at Cora. "You're a big mouth you know that?"

Cora giggles and climbs down, leaving Jenna's phone on the counter before running off into the living room.

"How are you feeling?" Shawn asks her.

"I'm fine. And no, I'm not staying home yet," she gives him a look, eating another gummy bear.

Shawn chuckles. "I wasn't going to ask that," he says, his back to her.

"Mhm, sure," she says throwing a gummy bear at him, hitting him in the back.

"You're picking that up," Shawn says not turning around.

"But I'm pregnant..." Jenna whines.

"Oh shit, we're gonna start using that excuse. If you can keep going to school you can pick up a jelly bean," Shawn says, turning and finally looking at her, grinning from ear to ear.

"It's a gummy bear. A jelly bean is heavier."

"You hungry?" Shawn asks, turning the stove knob down and grabbing some plates.

"Mhm," she nods, eating another gummy bear before moving to the bottom of the stairs and yelling for Cora. "You didn't have to cook," she says coming back in.

"Yeah I did, you need to relax," he says, giving the plates to Jenna and grabbing the skillet of chicken alfredo and setting it down on the middle of the dining room table.

"Daddy?" Cora says, sitting down and picking up her fork as Shawn sets the plate down in front of her.

"Yes baby?" he answers, serving up his plate.

"Can we go to Disney World for Christmas this year?"

"Is that what you want for Christmas?"