Chapter 96

"Hey guys," Shawn greets, hugging both Conlan and Cora. They walk back into the living room as Cora finishes her pizza now that he's here. Jenna walks to the kitchen to get him a plate and handing it to him.

"Thank you," he smiles watching her.

"Mhm," she nods sitting on the floor, Conlan between her legs as he picks the pieces off Jenna's plate that she cut up for him. Cora leans into him and taking a bite of her pizza and looking over at the TV. The pair sit and watch TV for a little bit longer before Shawn finally speaks up.

"Cora you need to get ready for bed," he says, looking at the time.

Of course, the little girl pouts.

"You know it's bedtime at nine o'clock," he says as the little girl grumbles and gets up, going down the hall to get ready. "She thinks the pouting works," he smiles looking back at the TV.

"With you? Sometimes it will."

"Okay ninety-five percent of the time it doesn't work," Shawn smirks looking over at Jenna then back at the TV.

Jenna rises, lifting a fast asleep Conlan into her arms and taking him down the hall to his bedroom. She leans over the crib to put him in, coming out and checking on Cora who's already asleep in her bed.

"They out?" Shawn looks up at her as she emerges back into the living room.

"Before I even got there," she says, sitting on the couch and watching Shawn stand up.

"I should probably get going."

Jenna nods before standing up and walking over to let him out, her fingers brushing across his lightly and accidentally as they walk side by side.

"Thank you," Shawn says once they get to the door.

"For what?"

"For letting me come over."

"You know you can come over anytime," she says quietly, her fingers linking with his lightly.

"Oh can I?" he laughs.

"Why wouldn't you be able to?"

"I don't know," he shrugs.

"Shawn..."

"Yeah?"

She leans up, her hands on both of his cheeks and pulling him down to meet her, kissing him softly. Once she feels him kiss back, she steps into him, pushing him back against the door. The kiss deepening but Jenna pulling back, her eyes locked with his. Wrapping her arms around him as he lifts her easily, kissing him again as her hands rest on his cheeks, kissing him a few times. She notices he carries her to her bedroom, her back touching the soft satin sheets and looking up at Shawn hovering over her.

She looks up, her fingers running down his chest over his hoodie. "Don't quit baseball..." she blurts out.

"Why?" he asks softly, planting a few pecks on her neck.

"Because you love it so much and it means so much to you. All you've ever wanted to do is play baseball," Jenna explains, sliding her fingers through Shawn's hair, her nails scratching at his scalp lightly.

"But my family is more important."

"They aren't going anywhere," she smiles, running her thumb across his bottom lip.

Walking back into the bedroom, Jenna nude under the covers as she watches him. "He must have had a bad dream," Shawn says, referring to little Conlan.

"His sleeping has been off lately."

"It has?" he asks, climbing back into the bed and leaning down and kissing Jenna's forehead before laying back.

"Not enough to be a big deal," she says, sliding one arm under her head looking at him. "Are you staying the night?"

"Do you want me to?" he asks. Jenna doesn't say anything, just looking at him, her eyes running over all his features. "What?"

"It might give the kids the wrong impression."

"We're mom and dad."

"We're divorced mom and dad," she says running her fingers up and down his chest, not wearing her wedding bands. "Why are you still wearing this?" she asks, sliding her fingers down his arm, her thumb running across the band. Shawn always wears his ring during the off-season but never during the season.

"Half the time I don't even realize it's on I'm so used to it," Shawn shrugs.

Jenna lets her fingers run over it, her fingers linking with his. "How could you ever forgive me?"

"Because I love you," he says softly.

"But how...why...after everything..."

"Because I believe in second chances."

Tears well in Jenna's eyes.

"Don't cry," he says, leaning over and kissing her forehead, sliding his hand on her neck.

"I don't understand how you can forgive me. I can't even forgive myself."

"Because like I said, I love you," he says, wiping her eyes.

"Stay..."